Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Chevalier said:

Diamonds are a lid's best friend.

Here's mine: an early '40s Stetson Eagle. The most "Bogart-esque" fedora I own.

Came with a bash that's a cross between a diamond and a teardrop -- and will stay that way.

MPCmenswear017.jpg

very cool bash Marc, I like the Hybrid look....a lot, especially the deep front pinch. :eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
mingoslim said:
So much so, in fact, that I reblocked one of my favorites hats . . .
It is a late 40's Stetson Soveriegn . . . very much in the OR style, but not an OR.

stetsonsovereignc195001.jpg

stetsonsovereignc195002.jpg

So tell me what you think . . .

Hey Slim... I like a diamond and I like a thin ribbon.. put them both together... I LOVE IT !!!
That is one sweet looking fedora!

Thanks for letting us in on such a nice hat!!!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
How to make a diamond crease

Here's a 5 second diamond crease in one of my borsalinos. (reposted from hat bash sticky)

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I really should have posted to this thread sooner. The diamond bash is my new obsession. I have two Art Fawcett creations that are diamond crown. The first I bashed myself...
3fb9.jpg

The second was bashed by Art. Ultimately, I like this one better. :D
8ba5.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
A Retraction

I yesterday posted an OT comment about indycop's signature line. I now feel that comment was intemperate, and wish to retract it.

My reaction to the quote was, I'm afraid, a visceral one, more to do with the world situation, which was not under discussion here. I certainly didn't mean to infer that a police professional approved of illegal or immoral conduct.

My apology to indycop and all looking in.

(As penance, I shall post a pic of a diamond bash I discovered entirely by happenstance in my new-old Champ Featherweight.)

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Is that a baby in a hat in the background?

Hey! Good investigative work there Detective! :eusa_clap

You should be on Robbery/Homicide Detail.

:D

That's my son in my 1930s Canavagh. Just wanted to have a record of how small he was.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mr. 'H' said:
Hey! Good investigative work there Detective! :eusa_clap

You should be on Robbery/Homicide Detail.

:D

That's my son in my 1930s Canavagh. Just wanted to have a record of how small he was.
I did something similar with my daughter when she first came home. I had one of those exact replica hockey mask but in the miniature size that maybe i could fit my fist in. I put it on her! Gotta pic somewhere.
Marc great hat! :eusa_clap does that go with the suit you were wearing the other day?
Jerekson also great hat! :eusa_clap
Fletch where's those pics?:rolleyes:
Not bogart, I don't even know what to say about yours other than holy cow! :eusa_clap :eek: :eusa_clap I already want one of art's creations. My favorite color being the moss , but don't know what I could wear with that color.:eek:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Not-Bogart13 said:
I really should have posted to this thread sooner. The diamond bash is my new obsession. I have two Art Fawcett creations that are diamond crown. The first I bashed myself...
3fb9.jpg

The second was bashed by Art. Ultimately, I like this one better. :D
8ba5.jpg
Is that the natural beaver one?:eusa_clap

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Difficult to photograph

I'm having trouble getting a good image. I think it's the absence of ambient light. Also, this bash is shallow due to the ridge that runs over the crown of my skull. Nevertheless, the diamond crease currently looks something like this:

Do I qualify?

M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto