Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE Dress - Butterick 4790

Foofoogal

Banned
NicoleAnn
Very nice. Welcome to the Lounge.

I just looked at this thread for first time. I realized last year at the fair a young lady had made a dress and entered it from this pattern. I remember thinking how nice that is. It looks so vintage. :eusa_doh: lol

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
thank you foofoogal :)
I love the dress and im helping my mom make one
I also plan on posting here on the Lounge more often this is by far my favorite vintage place online.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I haven't made my dress yet...now a little frightened after all the posts saying it wasn't so easy! *lol* Will make one out of inexpensive material first.

Loved seeing everyone's creations!
X
BD

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
Black Dahlia, i thought it was pretty easy :p
i didnt have to think much. its just loooong and boring because its kinda like doing the same thing foreverrr.
ironing the hem and stitching it and finishing the edges took quite some time.
other than that its an easy to make dress.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
NicoleAnn said:
Black Dahlia, i thought it was pretty easy :p
i didnt have to think much. its just loooong and boring because its kinda like doing the same thing foreverrr.
ironing the hem and stitching it and finishing the edges took quite some time.
other than that its an easy to make dress.

Thanks Nicole Ann, that makes me feel a bit better at undertaking it. Yours looks lovely by the way!
X
BD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
No one has been in this thread for over 3 years! Hard to believe! But I'll bump it up because I just made this again. This dress isn't really my aesthetic (I'm a 30s gal), but I love making it in novelty fabric. I also shortened the skirt to just above the knee.

image.jpg

Click to make bigger. Had to upload from my phone :/

Last edited:

VonPeeblez

New in Town
Hello there,
This is my first time posting after a long time lurking and I can't say how pleased I am that this thread got bumped up! I am currently awaiting on this pattern in the mail and am very eager to try my hand at THE Dress, especially after seeing all of these lovely creations!

Cheers,
Von Peeblez

Annixter

Practically Family
Hello there,
This is my first time posting after a long time lurking and I can't say how pleased I am that this thread got bumped up! I am currently awaiting on this pattern in the mail and am very eager to try my hand at THE Dress, especially after seeing all of these lovely creations!

Cheers,
Von Peeblez

Welcome to the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider