Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Drizzler - a tale of two jackets

TMWeddle

New in Town
After seeing the Drizzler in Vermont Country Store catalog for $75.00, I decided to search the web for a better deal. That's when I found this forum. I ordered two Drizzlers - a black one from Aramark for $31.00 plus shipping and a light tan one on Ebay from NJPower2000 for $19.00 plus shipping. Now they have both arrived. they both seem to be genuine but there are differences.

P1010502.jpg

The tan one (made in Vietnam) has a shell and body lining of 100% cotton, sleeve lining is nylon. The black one (made in Macau) has a shell and body lining of 65% polyester, 35% cotton, sleeve lining is nylon. The zipper on the black one seems a bit rough, hard to zip with larger teeth. the tan one being cotton has more wrinkle marks.

The one from Aramark came quickly, the one from NJPower200 was slower - he took a week to finally ship and then used parcel post which took eight days from New Jersey to Ohio.

Compared to full retail I would recommend either - depending upon whether you want best price and all cotton.

P1010499.jpg

P1010498.jpg

Salv

One Too Many
Thanks for showing them both. The finish on the black jacket looks a little rough - the cloth looks like it has bunched up on the shoulder seams.

I've been wearing mine (from NJPower) quite a lot lately as the weather here in the UK has been cool and showery - just right for a Drizzler. Great jackets.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Very nice indeed! I'll have to look into that. I've also been on the look out for a Barracuda at a reasonable price in my size. OFAS usually hast them, or reproductions that are cheaply made. I'll just have to be patient.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24