Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The End is Near!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
If there is anything in the world I won't wear, it is a garment that is open in back, like a hospital gown.

It's the backside, neck and shoulders, that get cold.

Those things are advertised in catalogs we get here at the house. Dirt-cheap, I can imagine what they are like after a couple of washings.

karol

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Go down to "The Square Mile" once in a while and see the herds of young men, all wearing exactly the same small range colours and patterns - suit, tie, shirt, shoes - and all looking desperately uncomfortable in their suits.
And how come British dress shirts are restricted to one kind of collar - the short spread? Was there an edict from the House of Windsor?

Foofoogal

Banned
:eek:fftopic: been wondering about LizzieMaine. Wonder if she is snowed in or iced in with the terrible weather. hope all is well and you are staying warm Lizzie.

metropd

One Too Many
Sefton said:
I wear dead mens 70 year old suits in public,why should I care if someone over the age of 3 wants to wear pajamas in public? Just don't spill your hot cocoa on my trousers and I won't steal your teddy bear.

I agree. When not working everybody should wear whatever the hell they want to wear as long as they are open minded to everybody else. Then again that would be a utopia, the world is far from that......................Oh well.[huh]

metropd

One Too Many
Fletch said:
And how come British dress shirts are restricted to one kind of collar - the short spread? Was there an edict from the House of Windsor?

Is the short spread the same thing as the cutaway collar?

metropd

One Too Many
I know this could be considered blasphemy, but I'm in love with cutaway collars and thin rep ties, just a few of my favorite things.:)

Oh yeah 1,000 BABAAY!!!!!!!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
metropd said:
Oh yeah 1,000 BABAAY!!!!!!!
Congrats, mon ami.
Metro1000.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Just another example of the rampant juvenilization of the culture. I'm surprised they're not wearing Dr. Dentons.

this is the reference I am speaking of that LizzieMaine said. I think it is hilarious and still do but somewhat sad.
Especially that whole parties are going to pubs dressed in a sack basically. Very juvenile (almost scary wanting to escape from the worlds woes scary.) Makes me think a whole lot of younger folks needed some parenting they did not get but that is me.[huh]

so, don't get y'all panties in a wad.....
http://snuggiesightings.com/snuggie/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/snuggie-pub-crawl.jpg

or your snuggie in a wad. Whatever....

just_me

Practically Family
metropd said:
I agree. When not working everybody should wear whatever the hell they want to wear as long as they are open minded to everybody else. Then again that would be a utopia, the world is far from that......................Oh well.[huh]
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen