Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The English Patient -- Pictures

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The English Patient - some pix

The Loungers who wear Leather Jackets should like this one
this scene is one of the best in the movie for the pure animal magnetism

I like the 40s tropical chic of this one

the white line suit is a gas

One of my all time WWII faves and thought that loungers might enjoy some of these pix.

Cheers

Cookie

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Haven't seen it for ages Cookie but a great film. I too liked the costuming and there's something very exotic and romantic about 1930s/40s North Africa.

Doug C

Practically Family
One of my fav. movies too, the clothes are great, the girl is fantastic. I really like the desert clothes Fiennes wears in the movie. Thanks for the pics.

Doug C

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Thank you Cookie for the pics. The English patient is one of my favourite films. It is so romantic and tragic. I cried when I saw the film the first time. And Ralph Fiennes is a dreamboat.:D

cookie

I'll Lock Up
English Patient DVD

I went into my local Virgin store which is having DVDs on sale. I asked for the English Patient - expecting a 1996 film would be easy peasy to pick up on sale.

Wrong!!!!

The saleguy said that it went into DVD in 20001 and wait for this - there was not a single copy available at any Virgin store in Sydney. Rats! Now I will have to buy one on Google!

Looks like your right everyone loves this film.

Weston

A-List Customer
Please, please please stop bringing up this movie!!

I can't stand it...because it makes me want ALL these clothes! Good thing there's no Indy Magnoli for English Patient! I'd go broke!

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Ah but he does. check these out

mc-expedpants-main.jpg

Almasy inspired pants, I couldn't find the thread but we talked about this alot last year.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Or there's the real McCoy...

Same as in the Movie.

But these ones have tin buttons, rather than "vegetable ivory"/bakelite/plastic.

FRONT-
DSCN3580.jpg

Extended waist-bearer on attached waistband, brace buttons, double forward pleats, first aid dressing pocket.

REAR-
DSCN3581.jpg

Twin reverse pleats make for a roomy seat, no back pockets.

tep06.jpg

See..? just the plastic buttons- that's the only difference.

B
T

Rooster

Practically Family
All of this talk about this movie and I had to go rent it again last night. Great stuff.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner