Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
A cheap bourbon (make that a double) on the rocks.

It was something we got for hot toddies, and still had some left over from winter. I'm trying to drink up my liquor supply so I don't have to move it in a couple of weeks.lol

Brad

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Life's too short to drink cheap boubon. ;) :p
How cheap is cheap?

I agree, usually! But that's the problem with life on a tight budget.

$9.95 for 750 mL. I don't even remember the name.

Brad

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Some nights, when the air is warm and the wind is calm, I'll take a chair out onto the back porch along with a cigar and a tumbler of Kahlúa Especial and soy milk. Sort of a vegan White Russian, I suppose. It's a lovely way to spend an hour.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Bit cooler tonight so an Aussie Shiraz (Wolf Blass).

And Chris, get your local grog shop to order a bottle of Old Raj in. They should be able to shouldn't they? Back home I'm always harassing the poor bloke at ours to get in all kinds of weird and wonderful booze for me!

rumblefish

One Too Many
Smithy said:
Bit cooler tonight so an Aussie Shiraz (Wolf Blass).

And Chris, get your local grog shop to order a bottle of Old Raj in. They should be able to shouldn't they? Back home I'm always harassing the poor bloke at ours to get in all kinds of weird and wonderful booze for me!

I think that's what I need to do. I go to so many liquor stores, but I don't call any "my own". And going to discount places will surely get me nowhere. Thanks for the nudge Tim.:)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Either an Islay malt at room temperature, no ice, just on it's glorious own, or a pint of Broadside (East Anglia's most impeccable brew!) best when served at the Low House in Laxfield, Suffolk, at the PERFECT temperature.

I know, I know that they're not elegant drinks for a lady but I love them.....

AllaboutEve said:
Either an Islay malt at room temperature, no ice, just on it's glorious own, or a pint of Broadside (East Anglia's most impeccable brew!) best when served at the Low House in Laxfield, Suffolk, at the PERFECT temperature.

I know, I know that they're not elegant drinks for a lady but I love them.....

Sounds alright to me---as long as you don't drink the beer directly from a bottle. ;) :D

rumblefish

One Too Many
Long, long day. Just settled in after dinner and I'm about to open up an Underberg. Let's see where this goes,,, I'll be stepping outside to see if any neighbors look thirsty.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Today is the Norwegian national day, so I have been eating the traditional rømmegrøt with spekemat. (Porrige mad mainly of sour cream, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. Served with cured ham and sausage.) And what goes great with that? Beer, and more beer, off course!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Helen Troy said:
Today is the Norwegian national day, so I have been eating the traditional rømmegrøt with spekemat. (Porrige mad mainly of sour cream, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. Served with cured ham and sausage.) And what goes great with that? Beer, and more beer, off course!

Hurra for 17. mai!!!!

We had a wonderful day yesterday, went into central Trondheim and watched the people's parade, then went to a pub down by the fish market. Drank lots of Dahls Pils, then we had reservations at this amazing little traditional Norwegian restaurant and had a fabulous three course meal with more Dahls and lots of aquavit (sommer). Then it was down to Solsiden to sit at our local and sit there till closing with more pils (Hansa this time) and a few scotches.

Needless to say, I'm a bit iffy today but 17. mai only comes once a year!

Great fun!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Last night it was a nice bottle of Chianti Riserva 2003 and a white Chadornay.
My son, wife and I were on new trendy italian restaurant in Copenhagen.
Later in the bar, we rounded up the evening with a nice pint of Carlsberg Brown Ale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24