Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Making a Thai green curry tonight so I'm just about to pop down to the shop and pick up something to go with it. Thinking maybe a Gewürztraminer would be a good idea...

JerseyJones

Vendor
My most recent partaking was a nice Sailor Jerry Rum and Ginger Ale with one Rock and an Orange Wedge.

This one does not have any other name to it that I'm aware of, so I shall dub her the "Sailor Jersey."

Weigh anchor !

JJ

rumblefish

One Too Many
Yesterday I opened a bottle of Rodney Strong 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon, to go with a nice rare (cold-raw middle)outdoor grilled steak. Ahhh, summer is on it's way.:)

rumblefish

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic:
Quick one a bit off topic. Over the weekend I shouted to my wife who was downstairs, "I'm making a drink, will you have one?" She asked, "what are you having?" I told her gin and she asked, "how?" I said martini.... Then, from my four year old daughters room I heard "Daddy,,, I'll have gin." Shocked, I replied "Oh yeah?.. How?" her answer was "hmmmmm, martini." While laughing at how odd/cute/funny it sounded coming from her mouth, I made "the grown ups" two martinis. I called my daughter into the kitchen, "Julia, come here,,,,," holding the drink low enough for her to take a whif, "smell that" I said. She made a grimace then a frown and I asked "Now,,,is that anything you want to drink?" Smiling, she said "Noooo,,,(she left out the-Silly Daddy)". "So," I asked, " what'll ya have". "Fizzy water and an orange slice(or sthlice, her pronunciation)" the usual.
She also has a habit of walking around the dinner table when we have guest, looking to clink glasses with her sippy cup "cheersth" or "sthalud":).

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Last night, Chili Cosmo and Gingertini:

DSC03636.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

Caroline

One of the Regulars
I had white bordeaux last nite. I first tried the white as a recipe called for it. It didn't make sense - bordeaux = red? But I've been hooked ever since. Beautiful color. I'd post a pic, but it's gone :eek:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Feeling homesick this evening so it's a bottle of New Zealand Twin Islands Sauvignon Blanc.

I truly believe we make the best Sauv Blancs in the world.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
In France we've got what it's called "apéritif" lol lol!! I think that's the french for evening tipple lol!!! Before lunch and dinner we have a cocktail, wine, liquor (accompanied/with peanuts and little things to eat..)!! So I love a "Kir Royal"... Oh yeah everything with champagne!!

rumblefish

One Too Many
I went out for sushi sunday evening, so started it off with the large, warm Sake

Smithy said:
Feeling homesick this evening so it's a bottle of New Zealand Twin Islands Sauvignon Blanc.

Tim, every spring I get a mailer for fly fishing excursions that has a section for New Zealand with lots of photos,,, :) and it makes me homesick for New Zealand...But I was born in Queens NY[huh]

rikrdo said:
Stone Brewery's Imperial Russian Stout
along with a bowl of Tangier's Horchata shisha

Have you tried their XI Anniversary ale?

rikrdo

A-List Customer
rumblefish said:
Have you tried their XI Anniversary ale?
Not yet !
................but I will.
I'm on a mini- vacation starting in 11 minutes and am pretty sure I'll need to stock up the fridge for all the "yard work" I'll be doing :D

Think I'll treat meself when I get home with a cuppa fingers of Chivas 18 year old.
Maybe something nice from the humidor, as well.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
Tim, every spring I get a mailer for fly fishing excursions that has a section for New Zealand with lots of photos,,, :) and it makes me homesick for New Zealand...But I was born in Queens NY

If you make it down to NZ to fly fish, you'd have a ball Chris. Most fishing tourists go around Lake Taupo but take it from me, go to the South Island, less people, great weather in summer and some spectacular rivers with lots of browns, rainbows and salmon. My sister lives just up the road from the Waimakariri so aren't I lucky ;)

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Lately, the glass of wine with dinner has been refilled (again) and accompanies me into the family room for a little post-dinner relaxation watching some HD. Turner Classics, thank you.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful evening here with the weather a lot warmer. Just about to go out onto the veranda to relax and share a bottle of Kiwi Sauv Blanc with my fiancée.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:

I'm with you on that point.
We like the Chardonnays- Gisborne and Marlborough.
Mmmm...

And Smithy, if you ever get the chance, try the Longview "White Diamond", from Otaika/Whangarei. It's made from eating grapes, it's sweet but you can just drink it for the pure pleasure of the exploding flavours- it's almost vulgar in its grape-i-ness. It always sells out though.
I mentioned this wine once before but I think I referred to it as White Lightning, rather than Diamond.

Hokonui Moonshine is exported- tried it?

Now, in Stockholm, I have the Systembolaget problem...

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana