Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Got a curry on the go tonight so some Spitfire ale before, during and after to wash it down with.

rumblefish

One Too Many
I played hooky from work today to take a friend fishing. I can't be expected to perform my job well when it's 60 degrees with less than 10 knot winds:D. Toasted a successful day on the water with a rusty nail. . Ahhhh.. off to bed shhhhhhhh

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Smithy said:
The Norwegian cognacs are usually fairly unknown outside of Scandinavia but are some of the best.
Huh!? I really did not know that we where spoiled cognacwise. My dad has allways gone for the Armanac instead, and told me that you can find more interresting ang good tastes in the moderate price range there, than with cognac. I've allways agrees. But then, I'm more of a whiskey gal, so what do I know.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Helen Troy said:
Huh!? I really did not know that we where spoiled cognacwise.

It's true Helen, some of the cognacs specifically made for the Norwegian market are regarded as some of the best.

You lot are spoilt now aren't you :D I'm going to have to find an importer in Oz when we leave here!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Got a couple of Haandbryggeriet IPAs for before dinner tonight and just popped the top on one now.

Very similar to Nøgne Ø IPA, so in other words jolly good!

- And Chris the US importer is the same as for Nøgne Ø so might be worth hunting down ;)

Pip

A-List Customer
A rather fine bottle of "Gallo White Grenache" here, perfect for any occasion.

Blossom Hill White Zinfandel is also another winner :D

That or Pimms....with ginger ale (not beer) or lemonade.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Pip said:

Pimms is awesome!

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
The Peninsula Players, a very good summer theater troupe in Door County here in Wisconsin, won my heart on my very first visit when I discovered that Pimms was a feature of their bar. :) It's an enchanting setting in a forest grove; the theater is roofed with open sides, and the bar is a kiosk among the trees.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Pip said:

Pimms reminds me of summers when I was a young boy. My great aunts and grandmother used to make huge jars of Pimms stuffed full of mint leaves for everybody after tennis games and hot days - not me though I was too young then to be allowed near it.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Smithy said:
Pimms reminds me of summers when I was a young boy. My great aunts and grandmother used to make huge jars of Pimms stuffed full of mint leaves for everybody after tennis games and hot days - not me though I was too young then to be allowed near it.

That sounds terrific! There's just something about Pimms in whatever permutation (including the famous Pimms Cup with cucumber slice) that merits the description "enchanting."

rumblefish

One Too Many
^Smithy, Patrick, Pip and Alex. I'm with you on the Pimm's. When I get clams and/or oysters, if it's not a Martini washing them down, then it's Pimms with lemonade(I understand it was a oyster bar owner that developed the recipe, so...) . One Day I'll hunt down the borage that's suggested to go into this cocktail.

Tim, You've been right so far,,,I'll keep an eye out for Haandbryggeriet. Though I'm liable to get a bottle over the head if I pronounce it wronglol .

Lancealot

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
I thought a "dark and stormy" was dark, spiced rum and ginger beer? In Bermuda, dark and stormy's with dark rum are like what a mojito is to Cuba, kind of like a national drink.

Which reminds me, I'm running out of all the good rum that I bought when I was in Bermuda... :(

I had a variation on the "dark and stormy", Blenheim Ginger Ale the Hot version with Sailor Jerry spiced navy rum. I've gotten were I use Blenheim Ginger Ale in all my mixed drinks that call for ginger ale it's got a load of ginger in it and gives a nice kick.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Found some Bishops Finger ale down at the shop, so three guesses what I'm going to be enjoying imbibing tonight ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy