Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Having a nightcap of The Fat Trout scotch. I bought a bottle and it's the first time I have tried it. Quite nice, but maybe a little to "light tasting" for my tastes, similar to the "American marketed" scotches like J & B, Ballantines or Cutty Sark.

Not bad but I like a little more oomph on the tongue.

Frau

New in Town
Whiskey on the rocks. Jameson or Jack usually. MMMmmm.

For a sweet drink I'll imbibe a Tom Collins. Gin and tonics are a great standby as well (although a lot I've had lately used Sprite instead of tonic...).

Stouts, ales (or both at once!), microbrews, or Pabst Blue Ribbon. Miller High Life if there's no Pabst. I very rarely will drink a Budwiser or Coors. PBR is twice the beer for less the cost!

For wine, red, especially Chianti. Not a fan of overly sweet wines, or whites or blushes. Occasionally I'll drink a white with a meal (or if its all that's offered ;) ).

Wow, I sound like a super lush. I won't lie, I like my drink. Sitting here at my cubicle on St. Patricks day is nearly killing me, especially since where I work is surrounded by Irish pubs that have been open since 7 am...

Frau said:
Whiskey on the rocks. Jameson or Jack usually. MMMmmm.

For a sweet drink I'll imbibe a Tom Collins. Gin and tonics are a great standby as well (although a lot I've had lately used Sprite instead of tonic...).

Stouts, ales (or both at once!), microbrews, or Pabst Blue Ribbon. Miller High Life if there's no Pabst. I very rarely will drink a Budwiser or Coors. PBR is twice the beer for less the cost!

For wine, red, especially Chianti. Not a fan of overly sweet wines, or whites or blushes. Occasionally I'll drink a white with a meal (or if its all that's offered ;) ).

Wow, I sound like a super lush. I won't lie, I like my drink. Sitting here at my cubicle on St. Patricks day is nearly killing me, especially since where I work is surrounded by Irish pubs that have been open since 7 am...

Ah yes, last night I had a little of the Bushmills to celebrate. :cheers1:

rumblefish

One Too Many
A show on the History Channel about whiskeys grabbed my attention last night, and put me in the mood for bourbon. So last night and tonight,,, Jim Beam Black, neat

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
Smithy said:
N??gne ?ò India Pale Ale tonight. I love IPAs and this is a humdinger of a good one.

I'm right there with you on the IPA's. I'm drinking a Sweetwater IPA right now. This weekend I had a EIPA which I've forgotten the brand on..Brick something...I had too many of them obviously. You GOT to have a nice hoppy beer! Of course a nice Pilsner is good with a steak.

rumblefish

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Ah yes, I saw that one. It made me go for the Lagavulin. ;) :p
The power of suggestion,,, I'm so weak. The one on beer was shown just before, had I caught that one too, I wouldn't have made it to work in the morning.lol

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Yes- I have three of those as favs as well!!

GentlemanFarmer said:
I think there's a good group of aged rums, all with their own nuances. Hers'a a nice list:
Barcelo Anejo (Dom. Rep.)
[ ]
** Real sippin' rums **

Try to keep these in the pantry:
10 Cane (Trinidad- very clean and sweet- a change- lacks much of the molasses' complexity to some), Cacique (Venez.), Brugal Anejo (Dom. Rep.), Havana Club Anejo 7 anos (Cuba- if you can get it), Pyrat XO Reserve (BWI)**, and Appleton and El Dorado when I think of rum (usually in the summer).

I have listed my fav Whisky and Whiskey elsewhere - but to answer this question- last night I sat and watched "Cassablanca" and for some reason I had a hard cider.

Smuterella

One Too Many
MississippiLong said:
I'm right there with you on the IPA's. I'm drinking a Sweetwater IPA right now. This weekend I had a EIPA which I've forgotten the brand on..Brick something...I had too many of them obviously. You GOT to have a nice hoppy beer! Of course a nice Pilsner is good with a steak.

See I love beers and ales but I'm not such a fan of an intense hoppy aftertaste. My current favourite is Bombardier (which the gf and I call Bom-bard-e-a for comedy value)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm with you Smuterella.

My couple of scotches last night led to a night on the town with some friends.

I am now hideously hungover. It is only tea for me today, and a vindaloo later on for dinner to try and sweat the rest of it out.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Smithy said:
I'm with you Smuterella.

My couple of scotches last night led to a night on the town with some friends.

I am now hideously hungover. It is only tea for me today, and a vindaloo later on for dinner to try and sweat the rest of it out.

ooh, hot curry, yum

but how can you have a curry without an ice cold beer, thats just, just, sacrilege

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Smuterella said:
ooh, hot curry, yum

but how can you have a curry without an ice cold beer, thats just, just, sacrilege

Oh easy, I've got some limes so I'm making nimboo pani. It's also pretty good for overindulgence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21