Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy said:
Jamespowers, I've never seen let alone tried that, I'll have a shufti for it next time I'm at the grog shop.

And Tess, nothing wrong with tea drinking, I drown myself in around ten or so cups a day. Need something a little stronger in the evenings though ;)

I will vouch for it right down the line. If you don't like it then I guarantee you can send it to me and I will. :p
I actually am starting to experiment with it now. It makes a great Tan Scotchman:
equal parts Kahlua, Amber liquer and milk. MMMMM MMMMMMMMMM
It is also great on homemade crepes instead of syrup. It has just the right consistency.
It also goes well with a cigar.
I imagine the gourmands among us could cook with it to good avail as well. ;)

Boodles

A-List Customer
Tonight

After a day of wading through January actual vs budget reports looking for answers which probably aren't there I think I'll leave the top on the Boodles tonight, taking a cue from Mr. MK, and opt for something stained. It seems like a good time to uncork one of those jars of malt Bushmills which I fetched back from the homeland. No good can come of allowing any more dust to settle on the bottle. It's the charitable thing to do really, given that the whiskey has been cooped up in that barrel for at least 16 years.

Boodles said:
After a day of wading through January actual vs budget reports looking for answers which probably aren't there I think I'll leave the top on the Boodles tonight, taking a cue from Mr. MK, and opt for something stained. It seems like a good time to uncork one of those jars of malt Bushmills which I fetched back from the homeland. No good can come of allowing any more dust to settle on the bottle. It's the charitable thing to do really, given that the whiskey has been cooped up in that barrel for at least 16 years.

There you go. Unleash the hounds. :D

Staredge

One of the Regulars
Hmmm...Friday was a Negroni, which will take a little getting used to. Nothing on Saturday. Sunday was the best part of a bottle of Moscato d'Asti. Nice little wine...lightly bubbly, kinda sweet. Tonight I haven't decided yet. May be a couple of glasses of raspberry wine. Wife wants me to make her something she found in a cocktail book. OJ, coconut rum, and Midori. Have to see how it tastes.

Beer-wise....still partial to Guinness.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Mrs. M brought home some grapefruits the other day. If you like tequila, try this;
grapefruit sections dipped in cayenne or dried powdered chipotle and kosher salt, eaten while sipping tequila. A deconstructed Salty Coyote of sorts.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Quote : Beer-wise....still partial to Guinness

Guinness is hard to beat. Unfortunately, I'm a bit spoiled from recently visiting Ireland for 15 days where I had occasion to visit a few public houses many of which purveyed Guinness, Guinness which was probably still on the hoof a day or so prior to my swilling it down. More time will have to pass before I can again be happy with the most excellent Guinness which is offered on the east coast.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Girlfriend's dad gave me a gift bottle of Chevas Regal (with 2 glasses in the box). Suspect I was "regifted" ;) . That's OK. It's good stuff.
I opened it last night and took a short snort. It was so good I took another short snort. And then a third snort, not so short. I think I may have to ration myself. It's too good.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Smithy said:
Last night N??gne ?ò India Pale Ale, awesome stuff.
Nogne just became available by me. The black label is an eye catcher. I haven't had their IPA yet, but I will, only the Nogne imperial stout. Real good.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
It's good stuff, beats the usual Ringnes gargle water stocked here.

Got a couple of Borg Pils for tonight. Nothing too special but quite quaffable.

EDIT: Just make sure you pronounce it correctly and don't botch it up like most non-Norwegians do. It's "Nerg-na Er"

Copper

One of the Regulars
Tonight's after dinner drink was a glass of wine - an '04 Spanish Garnacha called Castillo de Monseran. A friend had recommended it, and I couldn't wait to crack a bottle after buying a couple this afternoon.

Well worth not waiting for! It is a gorgeous wine, and spectacular value to boot! ($16CDN)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
Calvados neat, and more Christmas pudding.

You should try the Bentley Cocktail, half calvados, half Dubonnet Rouge. Fantastic drink but very high octane. The Bentley Boys celebrated their racing victories with it and you can see why once you've had it.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Smithy said:
You should try the Bentley Cocktail, half calvados, half Dubonnet Rouge. Fantastic drink but very high octane. The Bentley Boys celebrated their racing victories with it and you can see why once you've had it.
Will do. I happen to have Dubonnet, one of Mrs. M's favs.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Sounds as if you enjoyed it Rumble ;)

I have a soft spot for it as well. It's also one of the best things for getting a party to reach the "swinging off the chandelier" level. Bacchanalian orgies have arisen out of that drink!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24