Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
hotrod_elf said:
Sitting back with a New Glarus "Totally Naked". Yummy.

I'm not sure how well New Glarus is known outside Wisconsin, but it is a generally superior brewery. Their signature beer, the Spotted Cow, is a scrumpdillyishious cloudy cream ale, especially good on tap. Their Uff-da Bock is terrific, as is their Fat Squirrel Nut Brown Ale. And their seasonals and limited editions are first-rate.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Patrick Murtha said:
I'm not sure how well New Glarus is known outside Wisconsin, but it is a generally superior brewery. Their signature beer, the Spotted Cow, is a scrumpdillyishious cloudy cream ale, especially good on tap. Their Uff-da Bock is terrific, as is their Fat Squirrel Nut Brown Ale. And their seasonals and limited editions are first-rate.

I love them all!!!!! Spotted Cow especially yummy. I have yet to see New Glarus outside of Wisconsin. Just like Sprecher. Another yummy brewery. Sprecher Amber is really good.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
hotrod_elf said:
I love them all!!!!! Spotted Cow especially yummy. I have yet to see New Glarus outside of Wisconsin. Just like Sprecher. Another yummy brewery. Sprecher Amber is really good.

Sprecher is another reason to be proud of Wisconsin, I agree. Virtually every Sprecher brew I've had has been excellent (the single exception: I'm not that fond of their Hefe Weiss). The Black Bavarian, Abbey Triple, Pipers Scotch Ale, and Winter Brew are all tremendous.

Josephine

One Too Many
I'm having a... well, I don't know what it's called, but it has Raspberry Vodka, Godiva Liqueur, and a splash of half and half. It's good, whatever it is! :D

rumblefish

One Too Many
I collected some oysters while out duck hunting on Saturday. I had them last night with a few drops each Tabasco and fresh Key lime.

I made a Beefeater Gibson because that onion follows the oysters just perfectly.

K-K-K-Katie

New in Town
New Glarus

Patrick Murtha said:

*Swoons*
I had the good fortune to taste New Glarus' Apple Ale at the Great American Beer Fest in Denver oh, at least 10 years ago. Then I personally grabbed everyone I could *by the arm* and made them try it. It won best fruit beer that year. Crisp, heavenly apple-y, like taking a sip of lager after a bite of a perfect Granny Smith. When my father in law went back to visit his family in Monroe, he bootlegged a whole case back to us.

We tried to get another case this year, and were told that somehow, due to some odd convoluted trademark thingy, they can't make it anymore! Pop brought back a mixed case, and all of their other brews seem almost as stellar.

You're both so lucky to be able to live near such an exceptional microbrewer!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Working my way (rather quickly) through a bottle of Young's London Ale.

As always, a great drop!

rumblefish

One Too Many
last night Campari and soda twist of lemon.

I'm leaving the beer off this list from here out because well, I wouldn't want to make a bad impression, and I'm not ready for an intervention yet.;) lol

I wish some of my neighbors shared in this "tipple" enthusiam as I see here.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Just tucking into a favourite of mine, Spitfire Ale. I love the Shepherd Neame brews, Bishop's Finger being another that I always enjoy. For afters I have another one from them, Whitstable Bay Ale which I have never tried before. Looking forward to it, it contains NZ hops so it must be good ;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Well onto the Whitstable Bay Ale and I have to say it's a superb drop. The use of Kiwi hops is quite noticeable with the distinctive crisp dry "zing" that you get in a lot of NZ beers.

If you see it, pick up a bottle or 12, great stuff.

winexwine_1981_30152786

Much better than I thought it would be but then again, they make it from Macallan single malt scotch. Superb.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Jamespowers, I've never seen let alone tried that, I'll have a shufti for it next time I'm at the grog shop.

And Tess, nothing wrong with tea drinking, I drown myself in around ten or so cups a day. Need something a little stronger in the evenings though ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot