Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Tonight it was just a good ol' G&T.:D

It's getting closer to G&T time of year for me too Spitty.

Still too cold just yet here so it's the scotch bottle which has been taking some punishment of late.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Since the dawn of the Golden Era, or since I was old enough to drink, and I most definitely confirm that the two do not coincide, it has to be champagne which I am sadly out of tonight, so it's Soave.

Boodles

A-List Customer
I ended up with a couple Vespers

I started out with a new bottle of 12 yr Elijah Craig, which has just about become my go to, but I found this bottle to have sort of a straw taste and odor. Imagine, if you can, un-aged Maker's Mark. This bottle of Craig is just not good at all. Years ago I had a similar problem with another brand, one of Beam's Small Batch products. Beam put me in touch with the distributor who actually replaced the (yes it was still nearly full) bottle. His story was that perhaps a filter had gone skunky. Both the Craig and the Beam product were capped with cork as oppposed to the reliable old screw cap. Could the cork have been contaminated as has occasionally been the case with wine?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Having a Belhaven St Andrews Ale at the mo, very nice. First time I've had it and recommended for fans of British style ale.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Yikes! burnt sugar?
no-czechs3.gif

Try an Earthquake instead:
Start with a dose of a fairly plain anise rich absinthe. Add half as much again of cognac. Top up with iced water as normal. The cognac gives the absinthe an almost vintage-like richness - delicious!
Don't plan on operating heavy machinery after a couple of these

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner