Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
griffer said:
had a a couple Pimm's cups and split a bottle of Super Tuscan 50/50 cab/merlot.

I love Pimms, reminds me of summer holidays when I was a kid (although I wasn't drinking it) as my family would drink them after a great aunt would whisk up huge quantities of the stuff.

You should try a Pimms Turbo, delicious but lethal ;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hitting the malt here tonight (Laphroaig). Chilly here and a nice dram is warming me nicely.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Having a rather large Lagavulin. Coldish night here and enjoying it thoroughly.

Been sitting outside in the Irvin having a smoke and sipping this little piece of the best of Scotland. Perfection.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Well, my friend Laetitia and I got a Guiness lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great!!!!!!!!!! Guiness ans Stout Beamish are my favourites lol!!!!!

Boodles

A-List Customer
A martini last night because the place had a bottle of Plymouth on hand and I saw they were using metal shakers. Most excellent.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
This evening was a couple of Bloody Marys. The better half gets cravings for them every now and again and so we whisked a few up.

I've always considered them more a liquidised kebab than a drink but I wasn't complaining. Damn tasty!

rumblefish

One Too Many
As of late, a Milano;

Equal parts dry gin, Galiano, and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Shaken and served in a cocktail glass. Great with salted Smithfield peanuts.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Never had one of those, might have to give it a try.

Only really drunk Galliano in Harvey Wallbangers, which in my experience are aptly named!

rumblefish

One Too Many
[Never had one of those, might have to give it a try.

Only really drunk Galliano in Harvey Wallbangers, which in my experience are aptly named!][/QUOTE]

Smithy,

It's tough to ask for one at an average bar, but if you're willing to give the bartender a step by step and emphasize fresh squeezed lemon juice, it's hard to screw up. It 's suposed to be garnished with a thin slice each of lemon and lime wrapped around a maraschino cherry skewered with a tooth pick.

Cheers!!!
Chris M.

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Cable Car

I don't swear by the name so feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, but I have a rather large bottle of Capt. Morgan's that was intended for egg nogg this season. I wound up not nogging and now I'm looking for recipe's that call for spiced rum.

Cable Car:
1/2 oz. Curicao
1 oz. Spiced Rum
1/2 oz. Whiskey sour mix
1/2 oz. Lime juice

Pour over ice, shake, strain into cocktail glass.

Mark

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
It's whisky this evening. Got a touch of the flu tonight and the scotch (Johnnie Black) is helping the raw throat.

Bit of a storm brewing tonight so it's nice and cosy tucked inside with a dram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails