Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

rikrdo

A-List Customer
Manhattan

Old Granddad Bourbon, Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth and Pechauds Bitters.

Do youse guys use marischino cherry juice (liqueur) or is it OK to omit ??
Its been awhile since Ive had one........:eek:

Josephine

One Too Many
My best friend introduced me to Pimms recently. We had her and her husband over for dinner last night and she brought me a bottle of Pimms, a Pimms pitcher, and the citrus and other things needed to make... a Pimms? Sprite and lemonade (lemon squash over the pond) and oranges and lemons and limes. Very nice on a warm summer's eve. Unfortunately we finished off the Sprite so I either need to find another recipe or get more Sprite... :)

rumblefish

One Too Many
I like to use fruits and fresh juice that I would put in a punch. Orange, lime, lemon, and garnish with mint or, if I ever find it, borage. Then top with soda. I've tried recipes with cucumber, I bet the borage would go well with one of these.
Josephine said:
Unfortunately we finished off the Sprite so I either need to find another recipe or get more Sprite... :)

I just got back from vacation in Florida, the drink of the trip was Caipirinha. I tried them about a dozen different ways at clubs/bars and homemade from our hosts. Some were great, some so so, a few were awful. One particular Cachaca had a taste I don't think I could get used to. It seems this rum, Cachaca, can have a wide variety of flavors and tastes. Any one else try this stuff? I intend to learn more.

rumblefish said:
I just got back from vacation in Florida, the drink of the trip was Caipirinha. I tried them about a dozen different ways at clubs/bars and homemade from our hosts. Some were great, some so so, a few were awful. One particular Cachaca had a taste I don't think I could get used to. It seems this rum, Cachaca, can have a wide variety of flavors and tastes. Any one else try this stuff? I intend to learn more.

I saw a small article on it in Cigar Aficionado. There are many different flavors based on the brands you choose. There are only about 4,000 brands so it should keep you busy for a loooonng time. ;) :p
Cachaça is sort of rum but made from sugar cane and not molasses. I prefer to call it what my grandparents did---aguardente. ;) :p
I forgot to mention to go with the gold or dark Cachaça. Drink the dark or gold straight in a shot type glass to get the flavor without the alcohol evaporating.

Magus

Practically Family
Ecuador Jim said:
This weekend my choice was a "Dark and Stormy"; Scotch and ginger beer (NOT ginger ale)

Gaaaa man! Scotch!? (lol...)

A good dark and stomy must IMHO (and most recipies) have rum...and not just any will do either. Through extensive research I have found the perfect formula (for my palate) to be

A tall class of ice.
3 oz. of Bundaberg Ginger Beer
A fat lime wedge squeezed in then
3 oz. Gosling's Black Seal rum

In fact I poped over here as I am currently enjoying one.!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Cheers - you are one lucky man!
Haven't been able to buy Spitfire down here for three weeks:mad:
Got any Red Cross planes ready?

Didn't need them as it happened old boy, I was rather well behaved last night :eek:

I suppose if there's no Spitfire then there's no Bishops Finger either?

Sounds like you need to get on the blower to the distributors and rustle a few feathers Søren ;)

rikrdo

A-List Customer
Magus said:
Gaaaa man! Scotch!? (lol...)

A good dark and stomy must IMHO (and most recipies) have rum...and not just any will do either. Through extensive research I have found the perfect formula (for my palate) to be

A tall class of ice.
3 oz. of Bundaberg Ginger Beer
A fat lime wedge squeezed in then
3 oz. Gosling's Black Seal rum

In fact I poped over here as I am currently enjoying one.!

just tried these recently and I am a big fan !!
Good thing BevMo carries the Bundaberg Ginger Beer cause I have no idea where I would ever be able to find it.
Ill have to give the lime squeeze a try....havent seen that yet.

Still into Manhattans this week.
Havent perfected my mix yet. [huh]

Magus

Practically Family
rikrdo said:
just tried these recently and I am a big fan !!
Good thing BevMo carries the Bundaberg Ginger Beer cause I have no idea where I would ever be able to find it.
Ill have to give the lime squeeze a try....havent seen that yet.
[huh]

BevMo is a WONDERFUL addition to our local shopping area, The lime gives it a nice litle zing. Enjoy!

Flieger

Practically Family
It's cold and raining here this evening so I've treated myself to a Lagavulin dram with just sprinkle of water in it.

Cheers!

/F

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Flieger said:
It's cold and raining here this evening so I've treated myself to a Lagavulin dram with just sprinkle of water in it.

Cheers!

/F

You have good taste Flieger.

Currently on the Spitfire again. I bought a ton of the stuff the other day, so I'm having the pleasurable task of working my way through them all.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Well Smithy ol boy - somebody has to do it, you know. Might as well be you;)

Still no Spitfire down here - had to make do with a STAROPRAMEN pilsner from Praha. Not bad at all!!!

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks Smithy. I gather you share my taste in Islay malt?

This evening I took a trip to Cuba with a glass of Havana Club 'Barrel Proof'. Smooth as silk.

/F

Flieger

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
For your trip, did you grab a good cigar as well? :p

I wish! Alas, it's a rather cool evening here in the north and smoking indoors is not an option (according to my better half). :) The cigar will have to wait until a warmer evening.

Cheers,

/F

Flieger said:
I wish! Alas, it's a rather cool evening here in the north and smoking indoors is not an option (according to my better half). :) The cigar will have to wait until a warmer evening.

Cheers,

/F

Ah I see. It is good to have decent weather I suppose. :D
Then get out the Partagas Serie D. :cool2: ;)
Limitada-Partagas-Serie-D-No.1-Edicion-2004.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred