Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
A bit of Raki and a cube.

Lovely drink mate and nice on a warmish evening.

Here it's been Kiwi Marlborough sauv blancs, big Aussie shirazes on the cooler nights, and the odd Johnnie Black Label with a snifter of water to keep Jack Frost at bay.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Chris. One of these days we're going to have to have a few drinks when we're in the same country and talk fishing :cheers1:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
Lovely drink mate and nice on a warmish evening.

Here it's been Kiwi Marlborough sauv blancs, big Aussie shirazes on the cooler nights, and the odd Johnnie Black Label with a snifter of water to keep Jack Frost at bay.

Marlborough Sauv Blanc - my wifes favourit!!!!!
I enjoy it too:D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Just picked up a bottle of Villa Maria Marlborough sauv blanc for this evening. Damn good if you haven't tried it before, might be a tad pricey in Europe and the States though.

Also picked up a bottle of Oomoo shiraz. This stuff is ridiculously good value here. Might have it tomorrow with some Italian grub.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire ale this evening, found some down at Dan Murphy's (local grog shop). Looking forward to it :beer:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
Spitfire ale this evening, found some down at Dan Murphy's (local grog shop). Looking forward to it :beer:
Don't do this to me!!!!:eek: :eek:
Carlsberg - who was behind the import of Spitfire to this country - has stopped the import. The last couple of months it's been impossible to get that great ale anywhere in Denmark. Shame on Carlsberg!!!!:mad:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Don't do this to me!!!!:eek: :eek:
Carlsberg - who was behind the import of Spitfire to this country - has stopped the import. The last couple of months it's been impossible to get that great ale anywhere in Denmark. Shame on Carlsberg!!!!:mad:

That's rough Soren. You want to hit them up to resume importing, failing that become the Danish distributor for Shepherd Neame ;)

Had a few tankards of Carlton Draught and London Pride yesterday with a mate at his club. Fire was going and outside it was blowing a gale so the perfect way to waste an afternoon!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
It's a great drop Soren which I always enjoy.

Had a few Nobilo sauv blancs which were beautiful.

But it's getting chilly here so might have to hit a big red tonight, maybe a shiraz might do the trick...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Simple last night---Fosters---Beer mate. ;) :p

Strangely enough James virtually nobody drinks Fosters in Aussie, you virtually never see it in a pub let alone on tap. You drink beer by state mostly here, Tooheys in NSW, Carlton here in Victoria, Swan in WA, etc. You just never see it let alone drink it.

Speaking of beer, I blew the froth off of a couple of pots of good old Carlton Draught last night down at the pub. Very refreshing ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
It's a great drop Soren which I always enjoy.

Had a few Nobilo sauv blancs which were beautiful.

But it's getting chilly here so might have to hit a big red tonight, maybe a shiraz might do the trick...

:eek:fftopic: Chilly enough for the ol' Irvin?;)

Smithy said:
Strangely enough James virtually nobody drinks Fosters in Aussie, you virtually never see it in a pub let alone on tap. You drink beer by state mostly here, Tooheys in NSW, Carlton here in Victoria, Swan in WA, etc. You just never see it let alone drink it.

Speaking of beer, I blew the froth off of a couple of pots of good old Carlton Draught last night down at the pub. Very refreshing ;)

lol lol lol lol I figured it was a bunch of marketing hype. I guess I have an affinity for it due to how I remember first drinking it. It was 123 degrees in Las Vegas and they were selling it for $1 a large glass. Well, after walking the strip for quite a while, I was game to drink anything. :p Since then I have sort of liked it. I have a hard time finding it here---strangely enough. ;) :p

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
:eek:fftopic: Chilly enough for the ol' Irvin?;)

Actually it has been the last couple of weeks Soren, dropping down to 4 or so at night.

Missing Norway a little yesterday so we had Lysholm Linie Aquavit last night. We over indulged and to be honest I'm feeling a little jaded today. But I won in the poker so I guess it evens itself out :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails