Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The extra time you spend getting ready because you wear vintage.

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
I wouldn't say it takes any longer but my family definitely would say so. In fact just this weekend I was visiting my parents and said "I don't know what to wear" and mum said "Not 1950's stuff, we don't have time".
I like to spend as long as possible in bed during the week so generally don't wear much make up to work. At the weekends I can spend hours faffing about and getting ready. I suppose it all depends on how I'm feeling.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
For some reason this discussion of hair reminds me of an anecdote of Harry Golden's. It was the early sixties and Jackie Kennedy had made wigs fashionable. Golden was in a department store where a crowd of women were attacking a pile of wigs that had just been put on sale.

A very well dressed, older lady observed the scene and said "In my day, we wouldn't be found dead in a patrol wagon with our hair looking like mattress stuffing".

Golden thought "Ah! What stories you could tell!"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21