Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge Store

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I really hat to complain because I love this place but I just discovered the Fedora Lounge store and thought I'd order a box of FL matches (I smoke cigars) and a coffee mug. My total was $13.00 and the shipping (normal USPS) was $13.40. What the heck is that all about. I just mailed Tom Dean a several hundred dollar Stetson Open Road (Amon Carter Edition) Priority Mail with a tracking number for $7.90 and he'll have it by Tuesday. I went ahead and ordered but my butt hurts just a little. Something like that on Ebay would stop me from making a purchase because so many of the vendors sell cheap and make up their money through shipping.

I would like to find a Fedora Lounge Pin if anyone knows where I can get one and "YES" I'll pay the postage if necessary!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I really hat to complain because I love this place but I just discovered the Fedora Lounge store and thought I'd order a box of FL matches (I smoke cigars) and a coffee mug. My total was $13.00 and the shipping (normal USPS) was $13.40. What the heck is that all about. I just mailed Tom Dean a several hundred dollar Stetson Open Road (Amon Carter Edition) Priority Mail with a tracking number for $7.90 and he'll have it by Tuesday. I went ahead and ordered but my butt hurts just a little. Something like that on Ebay would stop me from making a purchase because so many of the vendors sell cheap and make up their money through shipping.

I would like to find a Fedora Lounge Pin if anyone knows where I can get one and "YES" I'll pay the postage if necessary!
Hello. How are ya? I find the answer may be that the price for shipping could be due to how it is going to be packaged, not sure but that is the best guess I could give on it.

The hat/lapel pin is something I have wanted as well. I wish someone would by now, have had a new batch of them made and sold via the store, as I am sure it would be a hot item sale, for sure.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Hello. How are ya? I find the answer may be that the price for shipping could be due to how it is going to be packaged, not sure but that is the best guess I could give on it.

The hat/lapel pin is something I have wanted as well. I wish someone would by now, have had a new batch of them made and sold via the store, as I am sure it would be a hot item sale, for sure.

Yes, the hat pin would be a huge seller here on the lounge. I run a Harley Forum and pins, decals and stuff like that are always in demand. Like I said in my post, I hate to complain because this is a great place and I've learned a ton here. I also know how much it costs to run a forum and keep everything updated.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I commented in another thread about the excessive shipping costs. I bought four pint glasses, a box of matches, and a mug. Total cost for the items was under $30. Best I can say about shipping is that it was also under $30. The first time I went to make the purchase I actually walked away, but later decided that I should go ahead and bite the bullet as I had no idea when the store would disappear and the items not be available any more. I think I paid over twice what would have been a reasonable S&H charge for what I bought.

Regards,
Tom

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Only if that means shoving the box of matches into the shipping box with everything else! There was nothing special about the packaging.
I may be merely guessing but you know if me or you sell something we naturally would just put things all together and if things could all fit in one box, express the shipping cost for just that one box. However, the "store" may have a set price of shipping a item and attach the cost for just that one item, with the price of that one item, not taking into account that if more than one item is purchased, items could be combined and that an extra cost is not needed to combine ship them. I do so hope I am not making this all confused sounding, I think you know what I mean, and I really do think this is what has been the case with the Lounge Store, and that they really do not factor these things into shipping the way they could.

Be that as it may, I sure do hope someone will help to get the label/hat pins available again. I would buy a few if they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner