Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge: The crash, The move and The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
I'm down to only a couple of boards myself, and being off this week and doing "honey do" projects, this board was a main fix and respit from a monotonous painting project!!
Was really glad you got it fixed so fast. MK- THANKS TO YOU AND ALL THE FOLKS WHO KEEP THINGS RUNNING!! This is a great board, great people, and my personal favorite. I have been learning so much here lately, especially about hats and cigars.

KICK BACK AND ENJOY A COLD ONE THIS WEEKEND:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
YOU'VE EARNED IT!!!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's to the bartenders and the management!

Thanks for getting it back up so quickly! I know it wasn't easy.
Amazing how much I have gotten accomplished in the past few days though...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
duggap said:
Is it just me or is everyone still experiencing some difficulty getting logged on. I couldn't get on since about 8 PM yesterday.[huh]

Its not just you.

In simplistic terms, (so no grouching that this is not 100% accurate-computer geeks...I know it isnt, but it -explains- it simply to folks...so hush already)

Internet addresses like www.thefedoralounge.com all translate for the computers into a set of numbers ###.###.###.### that are the -real- address.

When you change hosting, the ### version of the address is changed although the thefedoralounge.com version that -we- see and type in, remains the same.

All along the internet, are computers that serve as -address- books, routing what humans type into the web browser, into the ###.###.###.### format.

What's happening is that not -all- of the 'address book' machines have the correct -new address- for the FL. It can take a bit for one machine to pass the new address to another.

Its sort of like a giant kids game of telephone gossip.....until the news is all over...

Flieger

Practically Family
duggap said:
Is it just me or is everyone still experiencing some difficulty getting logged on. I couldn't get on since about 8 PM yesterday.[huh]

I also have problems accessing the FL. It's like the forum is gone for a couple of hours each morning (my time). Then in the afternoon it's back like nothing happened at all. Weird, but I guess one can expect a few teething problems after a big cleanout like we had the last week. [huh]
/F

duggap

Banned
Thanks Miss Neecerie. I am totally a non computer person but I actually think I understood what you wrote. If I didn't understand it would be my fault not yours. But anyway thanks for the answer.:p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
It was a tough three days. I also didn't realize how connected I am to the Lounge. Even though I've only met a few of you here in L.A., we are all like family, and I hope that it stays that way. Thanks, Michael and others, for getting it up and running again.:eusa_clap

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
WHOA!!!

I really did have a dream about the Lounge one morning last week. It was pretty realistic. I dreamt that the Lounge was back online, and I checked on the pending auctions. (Of course, it was a dream, so the auctions were doing better than I expected. :eusa_clap ) The nightmare happened when I woke up and realized it was all a dream!

Will anyone else admit to dreaming about the Lounge?

Needless to say, I'm very happy the Lounge is back. Thanks, MK!

Not-Bogart13 said:
I had the weirdest dream. I couldn't log onto the Fedora Lunge for days and days. I kept trying, but it wouldn't work. I was frantic. Crying. My whole world was crumbling around me. And then I woke up, and everything was OK.

By the way, is it my imagination, or are there a couple of sections missing?

Jay

Practically Family
Is the "Who's that in your Avatar?" thread gone for good, too?

If so, would it be proper to start a new one? It was around for quite a while, and was related to things golden era. Besides, it saved me from sending PMs to a lot of folks wondering what's in the tiny picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy