Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge Vintage-Style Leather Jacket Collaboration Designed by You

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Lol! So true. Tho what I really like about that one (the Gordon and Ferguson) is the pocket bag construction and button closures.

This one tho.... That fit is spot on!

So you want your Monarch back? ;-)

OR......

Last edited:
What about this?
MYs3Nys.jpg

kxDArct.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IbGI7O5.jpg[/IMG
][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uhbtvtP.jpg

Or this beauty.....
mhkWCV5.jpg

uT9ZG6k.jpg

But with those top pockets placed as lower ones instead, and buttoned.
lVjOPdg.jpg

Just look at that collar:
GJ5a4c4.jpg

It would need a back yoke to match the pocket flaps,
and it would need to fit trimmer.
Wow!

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Those are some great designs. Some of you guys have outdone yourselves with these pictures. :thumb:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
*Pics stolen from a denimbro thread. Please remove if the uploader doesn't want them here.

Check this one out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 351

HPA Rep

Vendor
I am fully impressed with every concept that's been presented. I really don't think there's a bad choice here, just degrees of great choices. We have plenty of time to continue exploring styles and hearing from others, and we need that time, too, but I want to thank you all for the great initial surge of styles and feedback. I'm going to provide a little insight and pose some questions to be considered:

The jacket in post #33, which I love, is goatskin, so if we want to have a goatskin jacket, please keep in mind that due to the small nature of the animal from which hides would be harvested, it could limit the larger sizes we'd be able to offer and require that the back panel have a seam down the center.

Also, if we have the expandable pockets with the gussets and we use one of our top-tier, veg-tanned horses hides, these will have a more structured appearance vs. what the softer goatskin yields. We do have access to gorgeous, veg-tanned goatskin as has been used on the AN-6552 and M-422A styles, so other than the issues already mentioned surrounding the use of goatskin, this jacket would look super using our goatskin, or the shrunken buffalo seen in post #1 and TMitchell's original pics and videos:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?82068-A-Couple-of-Buzz-Rickson-Aviators-Coats

I am also very intrigued by the jacket presented in post #43, which is very close to Handy Mike's suggested jumping off point mentioned in post #22. The leather on the jacket in post #43 is extremely close in its properties of grain to what we can offer in one of our top veg-tanned horsehides as seen in post #14 on the black jacket.

I also am very fond of the jacket in post #55. I know this is short, but we can make this longer where needed; it's clearly a style meant to be worn short and waist length is what it should be kept at unless we're just borrowing features from it. That belt on the jacket bottom and the smiling pockets really light my fire!:flame:

The jacket in post #51 is another that intrigues me. I'm not sure, but is seems to not be a sheepskin jacket; rather, it's more like horsehide or cowhide with a sheepskin lining. I like the concept of that combination quite a bit, though I'd love to see it in a longer style, but still it's a great combination that yields all the insulation of the sheepskin with the durability of horse or cow hides. Making a jacket using both sheepskin and an outer leather would create a style more costly than any lined with cotton, rayon, wool blanketing, etc., so that's food for thought, and we could also consider double-faced alpaca for any jackets destined for winter use, though sheepskin will be the warmest option. If we make a sheepskin-lined jacket, how do you feel about the fleece color matching the collar?

There's plenty here to inspire, and I see numerous design features and elements that can be brought together to make one killer style; you've already exceeded my expectations in this regard, so let's keep the conversations and images coming. Thank you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner