Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flat Head Delraiser (2021 edition)

dwilson

A-List Customer
Merv and I are Delraiser best friends

Delraisers went back in stock earlier this week and I grabbed one fearing if this'll be the last run of this make/model in the "old" flat head sizing. This is a size 40. For reference I wear a 40 in other flat head shirting but my cafe racer is a 38 and fits similar. Merv will know from our DM stream I was nervous this would fit big on me but I wouldn't want it any smaller or any larger. I think it fits great.

I'm also including full rotation shots of the jacket opened and closed. I had a really hard time finding a bunch of pics of this jacket on a non-model from all angles and with the jacket being open.

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0112.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 995
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_0102.jpeg
    IMG_0102.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 1,054

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
spectacular. Was in the market for something like this. I missed the Ridley that went on the classifieds couple weeks ago by like 20 minutes. All the other D pockets I came across were too busy for me with the belt, epaulettes, etc. I got lucky and found some rare Schott model, but I fear the fit. Will have to look into this one if they have maybe a 42 as back up.

JCSD

Practically Family
Merv and I are Delraiser best friends

Delraisers went back in stock earlier this week and I grabbed one fearing if this'll be the last run of this make/model in the "old" flat head sizing. This is a size 40. For reference I wear a 40 in other flat head shirting but my cafe racer is a 38 and fits similar. Merv will know from our DM stream I was nervous this would fit big on me but I wouldn't want it any smaller or any larger. I think it fits great.

I'm also including full rotation shots of the jacket opened and closed. I had a really hard time finding a bunch of pics of this jacket on a non-model from all angles and with the jacket being open.

View attachment 320799
View attachment 320798
Perfect fit!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great fit. Good decision considering the rumour that has been going around for a while about FH going under.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Not so much a rumor. They did effectively go bankrupt but restructured and kept the name. I'm not sure if they shed a bunch of their other less-known labels like Hard Bird in the process. My nervousness is with the restructuring they'll go for more common and exportable fits. The man in charge of TFH was removed in the restructuring was also their main fit model (allegedly, I can't back that up with fact I've just heard it) and he had notorously wide shoulders which is why TFH tends to have fits that don't work for everyone but work wonders for me.

spectacular. Was in the market for something like this. I missed the Ridley that went on the classifieds couple weeks ago by like 20 minutes. All the other D pockets I came across were too busy for me with the belt, epaulettes, etc. I got lucky and found some rare Schott model, but I fear the fit. Will have to look into this one if they have maybe a 42 as back up.

Check out Vanson’s collaboration with Left Field for another simple D pocket. The Commando.

OP: Perfect is an understatement. Beautiful jacket too. You must be very happy.

Blackadder

Not so much a rumor. They did effectively go bankrupt but restructured and kept the name. I'm not sure if they shed a bunch of their other less-known labels like Hard Bird in the process. My nervousness is with the restructuring they'll go for more common and exportable fits. The man in charge of TFH was removed in the restructuring was also their main fit model (allegedly, I can't back that up with fact I've just heard it) and he had notorously wide shoulders which is why TFH tends to have fits that don't work for everyone but work wonders for me.
I heard about the restructuring too. Fact that they are restructuring or under administration means they may still actually be dissolved if that does not work out. No idea about fit model though.

Superfluous

Outstanding jacket and fit!!! If I were to crossover to the cross-zip dark side, that would be among my top choices. I have been very tempted to swing by SE and try one on, but I already know that it will be too wide. Congrats.

So Cal OC or Jersey OC? Did you get the jacket from SELA? There are other So Cal OC members here on TFL.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Outstanding jacket and fit!!! If I were to crossover to the cross-zip dark side, that would be among my top choices. I have been very tempted to swing by SE and try one on, but I already know that it will be too wide. Congrats.

So Cal OC or Jersey OC? Did you get the jacket from SELA? There are other So Cal OC members here on TFL.

SoCal but I bought it online. It takes quite a lot to make me drive up to LA.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Glad to see another socal member on here! Great jacket and it fits you extremely well. We really need to do a big socal meet up once we all get vax'd

Papalaka

One of the Regulars
Just picked up one last week as well. The leather is nothing short of amazing, my closet smells like Shinki and it's intoxicating.

dovahkiiin93

New in Town
Im new to this jacket world, only have a schott 613 and 118 atm, how heavy would you guys consider this Delraiser jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko