Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The flat head shinki wear and care

Davidchee5

New in Town
Hey TFL community, I recently came into possession of a TFH jacket with shinki tea core. The jacket is drop dead gorgeous, if it was legal, I’d marry her. But does anyone have any advice on how to best take care of a TFL jacket or shinki leather in general.

Appreciate your help!

Peacoat

Bartender
When your jacket is 15 to 20 years old, and has gotten a bit dry, then you might want to consider an application of a conditioner. Until then, nothing needs o be done. As others have said, just wear it and enjoy it.

Welcome to the Lounge.

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Ive had mine for about 3 years now and it’s my personal favourite leather. Never seen the need to condition but I do brush it regularly with a horsehair brush which really brings out the sheen

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
What you would do with quality leather shoes.

If you get it wet (like: real wet), dry without using external heat (I.e. radiator etc.).
If you feel it gets dry, use a light conditioner/care. Don’t overdo it. Unless you get it soaking wet/dry/soaking wet on a regular basis, once every few years is more than enough.

If you get it really dirty, cleanse with a cloth and clear water.

Hang it up if you want to store it for longer periods of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner