Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flat Head Single Rider's Jacket

Dubby

New in Town
This Flat Head Single Rider's Jacket just arrived from Rivet and Hide... Wow! Comparing it to my Himel Brycelander (dark brown oil tanned wax finished Shinki), the leather feels a bit thicker, and it has a tad different aroma. I think I did the best I could with the fit - now maybe I can lose a little weight to make it just right!

The stitching is super clean, but not nearly as dense / stitch per inch as the Himel.

Only 4 months until it will be cool enough to wear it here in Nashville...

FH Jacket Front.jpg
FH Jacket Unzipped Back.jpg
FH Jacket Unzipped Side.jpg
FH Jacket Zipped Front.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
Looks like a good fit to me. I like the simplicity of its design. As hot as it has been the last few days, I am ready for October to get here.

What you can do in the interim is to wear it around the house for an hour or so a day, bending your arms and crossing your arms in front of you to loosen the leather. Then when cooler weather arrives, it will be comfortable to wear in the real world.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Looks great. Didn't know R&H got a shipment of these in. Thankfully for my bank account my size is out of stock. These seem bigger than TFH typically marks their stuff this go around. Looks like I could fit into a 36 snug or a 38 a bit loose where I'm usually a snug 38 or loose 40 in TFH. Maybe its the new management.

Dubby

New in Town
Looks like a good fit to me. I like the simplicity of its design. As hot as it has been the last few days, I am ready for October to get here.

What you can do in the interim is to wear it around the house for an hour or so a day, bending your arms and crossing your arms in front of you to loosen the leather. Then when cooler weather arrives, it will be comfortable to wear in the real world.

The only problem with wearing it around the house would be that my wife would know I got a new jacket :) She is not a fan of the pleats in the back of the Brycelander, so this may be a welcome addition since it is way more simple.

I really did get lucky to have a stock jacket fit so well (dwilson - the change in TFH sizing from the re-launch has helped shorter / thicker guys like me all year!).

I think the only things I would change if I had designed the jacket would be to remove the zippers on the pockets and swap the main zipper to the right side. Obviously, they are good if I were a biker, but the zippers end up being uncomfortable and can scratch the sleeves when putting hands in the pockets. Nevertheless, the bit of brass does look cool! As for the main zipper, I just prefer the right side zipper. My Brycelander is left side zip as well, so I am used to it, but it is just different to me.

Now I'll probably throw my new Black Vicenza Aero Board Racer up here FS since it does not fit nearly as well as this one.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This Flat Head Single Rider's Jacket just arrived from Rivet and Hide... Wow! Comparing it to my Himel Brycelander (dark brown oil tanned wax finished Shinki), the leather feels a bit thicker, and it has a tad different aroma. I think I did the best I could with the fit - now maybe I can lose a little weight to make it just right!

The stitching is super clean, but not nearly as dense / stitch per inch as the Himel.

Only 4 months until it will be cool enough to wear it here in Nashville...

View attachment 345314 View attachment 345315 View attachment 345316 View attachment 345317

I have rarely seen a Flat head fit this well to be honest! Looks really great, congrats!! :D

dwilson

A-List Customer
Leather looks super luxurious, is it black or very dark brown?

The site says black but I agree the pictures here and even on R&H make it look like a very dark brown. My black Flat Head is super dark black and I'd doubt they'd deviate from their leather recipie that much in the restructuring so it may just be lighting.

Dubby

New in Town
The site says black but I agree the pictures here and even on R&H make it look like a very dark brown. My black Flat Head is super dark black and I'd doubt they'd deviate from their leather recipie that much in the restructuring so it may just be lighting.

I think it is just the lighting. The brown stitching may add to that illusion. It is teacore, so there should be some brown popping through at some point! https://www.flat-head.com/fn-lj-hs001/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ