Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The *funniest* comment I ever heard...

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was eating at a restaurant in a near-by town the other day when, out of the blue, a man and his wife walked up to my table and the man (looked to be in his late 50's or early 60's) asked me, "How big are you?"

I said, "I'm about 6' - 6" and 380 lbs or so."

The man said, "I guess we're friends, aren't we?"

"OK, sure" I said.

As they were walking out the door the man said to his wife, "Boy, if I were to hit him, I'd have to run like hell."

You meet some of the strangest people in a small town. [huh]

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Surprisingly, not just little kids. When wearing my fedoras in the past, I have occasionally gotten a comment about my "cowboy hat". That is one of my pet peeves as far as my hats are concerned. I don't like it when my fedoras are referred to as cowboy hats. Cowboy hats are completely different, and I have never associated my dress style thus far with that of a cowboy.

Why not? Nothing wrong with being mistaken for a cowboy, Amigo.:D

.....and many fedoras are just a spritz of steam away from being "cowboy" hats!:eusa_doh:

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
This has nothing to do with hats, but I always get Elvis comments.
I was born exactly 3 days after Elvis died. I don't try to impersonate.
I have just always had side burns and hair.

Big Man

I don't know if this was the funniest, strangest, or nicest comment, but it did take me by surprise.

I was attending my son's portfolio showing at the Hickory Museum of Art yesterday. I was dressed in a dark charcoal gray, three-piece suit and had my hat (in my hand). An older lady approached me and asked me if I was a politician.

I said, "Well, I guess you could say that. I'm the Chairman of the Soil and Water Conservation Board of Supervisors, but that's in another county. So I'm not a local politician, if that's what you're asking."

She then said, "You look just like the Governor of Louisiana."

With an extremely puzzled look on my face, I said, "Bobby Jindal?"

She said, "No, Huey Long, of course."

I sure didn't see that one coming.

Edward

Bartender
Easter Monday just past, standing waiting for a friend at Bethnal Green tube station. Fedora, long coat. Kid - about five - approaches me and asks "Are you a spy?" lol

Being the only American for miles and miles in many Japanese cities when my wife and I traveled there, I heard whispers of "Brad Pitt" hundreds of times.

I look about as much like Brad as I look like Angelina, "accessories" excluded.

First time I went to China, at Customs in Beijing airport...

Guy takes my passport. Looks at me. Suspiciously. Looks at the passport. Looks back at me. Then the passport. Then his workmate beside him. Then back at the passport. Then at me. Passport, me. Me, passport. Workmate, me. Passport. Pssport, workmate, passport, me. Hands the passport over to his workmate. Who looks at the passport then looks at me. Pass,port, me. Me, passport. Then Workmate reaches the passport back to the first guy and says something to him which I didn't quite understand, but I'm pretty sure was Mandarin for "Well, I dunno, they all look the same to me."

Big Man

I was wearing this hat today when I went into the Court House to get some paperwork certified. When I walked up to the desk, the lady there asked me "did you ride your horse into town?"

I looked at her with the most puzzled look on my face and said, "What?"

"Did you ride your horse into town?" she asked again.

"No" I replied.

"Well with that big cowboy hat you're wearing, I would have thought you were riding a horse" came her reply.

Some people say the strangest things ...

APP Adrian

A-List Customer

I was wearing this hat today when I went into the Court House to get some paperwork certified. When I walked up to the desk, the lady there asked me "did you ride your horse into town?"

"No" I replied.

"Well with that big cowboy hat you're wearing, I would have thought you were riding a horse" came her reply.

People these days. What were you wearing by the way anyways lol.

EstherWeis

Vendor
It's not really hat related, but still funny
( to me at least )
My mother called me to tell me her " portable internet " was broken.
So I promptly told her to go buy another kilo of the stuff. Fixed the wifi in no time.

Oh mom, good times & lots of giggles :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family

"No" I replied.

I get similar cowboy remarks with my CampDrafts. I no longer have horses - just ride motorcycles now, but smile anyway.

BTW, Louisiana was my home and aside from the hat, you look nothing like Huey Long. Not even Earl for that matter. They were both short.

But I do like the lid.

Fed

Benny Holiday

There's a fine line between "funniest comment" and "stupidest comment." I just think that hat looks spot-on for you Big Man, and the colour is great.

Big Man

There's a fine line between "funniest comment" and "stupidest comment." I just think that hat looks spot-on for you Big Man, and the colour is great.

I have been surprised at the number of "cowboy" comments I've received when wearing what is obvious is NOT a cowboy hat. So, is it a stupid comment, or just stupid people? [huh]

I have been surprised at the number of "cowboy" comments I've received when wearing what is obvious is NOT a cowboy hat. So, is it a stupid comment, or just stupid people? [huh]

why-not-both-55ccbdef05eee.jpg

nidan48

New in Town
Not about hats, but I feel compelled to share two comments that are seared into memory.

Woman describing her auto accident. "First I hit the yellow things..."

Couple that happened to be in front of us at the Coney Island Aquarium about 40 years ago,
had to be tourists, about the age I am now, we were looking at electric eels.
He; See those eels, they're electric.
She; (awed voice) They look so real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner