The general decline in standards today

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by STEVIEBOY1, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florida :p

2. sheeplady

sheeplady I'll Lock Up Bartender

3. u
    Why am I not surprised?

4. You mean it is not from lack of trying. lol lol

5. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

It's those darn hippies and their cursed free love; it comes with a price.
    :D

6. Well, in their case---GOOD!

7. ChiTownScion

ChiTownScion One Too Many

Georgia is Number One? Bazinga!/ Shazzam!/ Well Golly Gee! I'm almost afraid to say anything, for fear of offending anyone..... but that IS interesting. I'm wondering the reason why... and guessing that it has something to do with health care availability. Any other theories?

8. dh66

dh66

It's where Atlanta is located.

9. buelligan

buelligan One of the Regulars

Isnt that also where the Center for Disease Control is located?

10. dh66

dh66

Coincidence?

11. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

J.F.K. has risen from the grave and his undead corpse is spreading syphilis throughout the country to get even with the C.I.A. for throwing his brain out of Air Force One as they flew over Tennessee on their way back to Washington D.C.?

12. sheeplady

sheeplady I'll Lock Up Bartender

To be fair to Georgia, they are only first in the nation in a single STD, not all that were ranked. :)

Still, not something to brag about, I don't think.

13. vitanola

vitanola I'll Lock Up

Widespread Paresis. That would explain the changes in that state since the 1990's, now wouldn't it?

14. And now we go back to Bubba Hotep. :p

15. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Hey, ChiTownScion just asked for alternate theories; he didn't ask for good ones. ;)

16. Or even sandheaded ones. :p

17. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

Then we'll go with James's theory.
    Or ones made by somebody who had their brains replaced with sand. ;)

18. Foxer55

Foxer55 A-List Customer

While this thread is old and long, something occurred to me while I was thinking about it. Maybe this has been said somewhere here but years ago there was this thing called the draft. Most young men were drafted into military service by the time they were in their early 20s. Many of these young men had to learn some hard lessons about manners and self discipline in the service but they learned. Certain behaviors became cultural norms over time as all young men returned from the service and collectively carried their newly learned behavior back to their home communities.

19. LuvMyMan

LuvMyMan I’ll Lock Up.

Yes, it may have been "touched" upon a few times from some of us that have had Father's/Uncles?Husband's that have served. At times but not always, my Husband has been with me out and about and he will notice someone a total stranger, but make the comment to me, "that person was in the Service"....as they are more "polite" than most....and then we ask the person....and yes, they had been in the Military.

20. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Practically Family

I agree, here in the UK, upto the early 1960s we had national service where young men had to do 18-24 months in the Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force, although many complained at the time, when speaking to many people who did that service, they say that it did do them good. A couple of years ago a UK TV Channel did a "Reality" series, replication one month of national service type army training for some wayward youths, a few did drop out, but those who did the whole month ended up quite enjoying and benefiting from the scheme. In this modern age, some of the lads had no male father figure/role model and the corporals/sargents they met filled that role for some of them in a small way. Some had been so wrapped in cotton wool and spoilt, they really had their eyes opened as it were. I think a few countries in Europe & elsewhere still do have some type of compulsory service for a few months, either in the military, or doing volunteer work with the aged etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.