Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always laugh when I hear about someone doing someting really dumb, and then hear the final "police think alcohol may have been involved." Whodathunkit.

On a side note, the most recent holiday "vandals" have simply decided to litter my yard with colorful plastic eggs every Easter. They've done it for 7 or 8 years now. It's pretty harmless, other than me having to go pick them up. Only now I have like a million plastic eggs.

You could toss them all onto a giant plastic egg toxic smoke producing bonfire and lay some Old Testament style smackdown on the whole community.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Neighbors !

I have a 50s split-top vw in my driveway:
jh7fr7.jpg

Every now & then, I would get a message about wanting to buy it !

I now have the car covered & placed this sign on top.
xn6gr6.jpg

And now I get messages more then ever about wanting to buy it...:eusa_doh:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
All's well that ends well.

oscarsback.jpg

We got a good look on the security tape of the guy who brought him back -- a skinny young man in a hoodie. There are actually very few skinny young men in hoodies around here, but it might have been a clever disguise.

Like any good big-haired Texas gal, my wife has this fascination with "yard art"...particularly the wood cutouts celebrating various holidays and themes. A few years ago, one of her prized pieces, a Minnie Mouse dressed up in pilgrim garb, was stolen around Thanksgiving. This was the year after the lighted reindeer were re-arranged into various compromising positions that would make Hugh Hefner blush. She went absolutely ape, and swore off outdoor holiday decorating for years. She's finally replaced Minnie, but now very conspicuously chains all the pieces to a tree in the yard. She wanted to electrify them, but I had to explain to her that it was illegal.

Chain them to the electrifed fence. Get a twofer. :p

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw an hilarious sight on the way back from the gym yesterday afternoon. I'm walking along the street, minding my own business, when I spy five members of BoyzNtheHood wandering towards me a couple of hundred yards up the road. They've got the obligatory tracksuits that are three sizes too big on (and it was only 90 degrees out!), the track pants that are about six inches too long for them scrunched up at the ankles, the ball caps, and the good ol' hi-top basketball sneakers (Nike or something?). Anyway, they're shambling along, and I'm thinking they're probably a bunch of young Pacific Islander kids, 18 years old or so, because they're the only ones around here to attempt that look, but what a shock when I drew closer to discover five men of about 45 years of age, lucky to have half a dozen teeth between the lot of them, who may or may not have been junkies (of which there are thousands here, it's a huge problem in my home town nowadays). Stranger than fiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner