Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just as bad... :p

old-mullet-300x300.jpg

cb7289f58a47d43433dd0e1c6ef46938.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Okay, gonna bite.. who is the dandelion head guy? I know I'm missing something here but I'm bored. [huh]

Phil Spector! American record producer, who made some of the greatest hits in the late 50s early 60s. He's in prison now for murder. A genus, but, also a nut case! [video=youtube;tBBys5TLxCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBys5TLxCI[/video]

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Hey, I know who David Bowie is, sorry to say but I love him as the Goblin King. Yes, I was demented as a kid, I grew up on Benny Hill, Adam Ant & Alice Cooper with some Black Sabbath & Village People in the mix. :eeek:

Dandelion Head aka Phil Spector aka a Mafioso looking dude in that black pinstripe suit/shirt was before my time but I get who he is now. I sort of recognize the name but didn't recognize that mug. I'll stop there. :D

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Meanwhile, to get back to discussions of Serious Decline, all New England's been abuzz about former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling going after a group of Internet jackasses who made repulsively vulgar comments about his 17 year old daughter on Twitter. Schilling posted at length about the situation on his own blog (warning, it includes examples of the Twitter posts in question, some of them explicit and unspeakably vile), and he didn't stop there -- he made a point of tracking down several of the most disgusting Tweeters and outing them to their schools and jobs. Some have been suspended as a result, some have been fired.

Schilling has a reputation for being a blowhard, and not the brightest blowhard in the business at that. But I don't think anybody could fault him for his response to these well-bred frat-boy punks. The Internet is full of make-believe tough guys who desperately need a taste of real life.

Feraud

Bartender
That is disgusting behavior and I applaud Schilling for outing these perverts.
We need to hold more creeps accountable for their words.
It's time to out and shame anonymous internet degenerates.

Meanwhile, to get back to discussions of Serious Decline, all New England's been abuzz about former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling going after a group of Internet jackasses who made repulsively vulgar comments about his 17 year old daughter on Twitter. Schilling posted at length about the situation on his own blog (warning, it includes examples of the Twitter posts in question, some of them explicit and unspeakably vile), and he didn't stop there -- he made a point of tracking down several of the most disgusting Tweeters and outing them to their schools and jobs. Some have been suspended as a result, some have been fired.

Schilling has a reputation for being a blowhard, and not the brightest blowhard in the business at that. But I don't think anybody could fault him for his response to these well-bred frat-boy punks. The Internet is full of make-believe tough guys who desperately need a taste of real life.

When I first saw the headline that Schilling had lashed out on or about something on Twitter, my first instinct was to roll my eyes. Schilling is a hall-of-fame wingnut, who says all kinds of oddball things. But when I read his blog, even I, who have heard more than my share of crude locker room banter, was shocked. It was far beyond the pale. I enjoy internet chatter, and even arguing in general, and I'm probably the last guy who thinks someone should suffer real world consequences for being an internet yahoo...but those guys had it coming.

DecoDame

One of the Regulars
That's not even the infamous Anonymous Internet at work. Their ugly mugs are proudly posted right along side the vile words and apparently within the same twitter feed that they use for work and/or school? That's not even vaguely a "Hey, no one will know, I can get away with it" thing. They're that okay with saying that crap. That emboldened.

What could the women in their life possibly think about this kind of behavior? Glad there was some real consequences for this stuff...for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot