Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just explaining why I had to explain it all in the first place because someone asked.

Hoosier already made it crystal clear his view about me and so did Butte. I know we'll never be friends. But we don't have to be enemies.

Even after being defamed without proof, with only a "Call the Cops" as a reply. I left it alone.

I believe the biggest problem with the decline in Standards today, is people not being happy about themselves or their lives.

Once you get past the anger and hatred and just accept that this is how it is at the moment. (that's how they got through the first depression)
Look at the positive things going on in your lives.

Make goals of stuff you want improve if you want. But be happy and positive about now and the future.
It makes for a better and more rewarding life, not just for you, but for everyone.

[video=youtube_share;d-diB65scQU]http://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU[/video]

This is the place to discuss it, though. I know we're just going round and round and will never solve anything. However, there are few people in my life outside the FL who really give a darn, so long as their lives are unaffected. You'd think in a place with so many like-minded people a thread like this would be a hit. I know I come here to vent lol

How many ways can we say the sky is falling, though? It's very obvious a lot of folks feel the world is going to hell in a hand cart, while others don't feel it's so bad compared to the downsides of living in the Thirties or whenever. It's been going round in ever-decreasing circles since the third page or so. [huh]

Same here!

I for one strongly endorse cute kittens drinking cream. I prefer them, in fact, to most people.

I like the way you think! So long as I don't gotta look like Junior Samples to land Sunshine. She don't have enough brains, though. I like 'em smart, preferably smarter than me, which is an easy task. Now, you wanna talk a pretty girl that should be on your list, Gunilla Hutton, she was the best looking one on there.

In other countries of course, that's done at birth!
She hopes the man has some sort of occupational skills, and he hopes she doesn't turn out looking like the family pet....
Tom, you'll find your Misty Rowe, or Sunshine Cornsilk (she's a looker but not a thinker cause she reads her lines!). ;)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yeah, honestly, I think it's people needing an outlet to feel some comfort (my professional psychiatric eval :))
Tough times, and listening to the news makes you want to go out and get some Xanax. I think it's fair to say thought that if you're a tad or a lot old-fashioned in the way you were brought-up or think, it is tougher to fit in. It's so about "Me" and decorum has gone out the window. On top of that, the economy and instability of the world has many fearful - looking for someone's ear to bend, even if it's a virtual ear.
Thank you for this viewpoint. I would welcome anyone to find what I view (although maybe not what anyone else would relate to, but give it a go, please)...as that I do not wish to "fit in" with the crowd that walks this earth today and why? For the very reasons that have been brought to light in what most have stated already. I do not wish to "fit in" with wearing my pants half off my bunns, listen to music that is disgusting mumbo jumbo about "let's kill the bitXX" and down with God, I do not want to be one-of-the-sheep that mills around this life and not having some sense of self pride and being able to stand up for what is right no matter what the surrounding crowd may say. I think in many ways, anyone ( my opinion) that is here on this website has some similar traits, and view it as thus: The average person does not wear a Fedora, would not know beans from bacon about the word, "bash", (unless used in a way of "bashing" someone over the head)...but are we here, average? I do not think so. I tend to have the faith we are ABOVE average and have only words of thanks to anyone here, no matter if they have ruffled a few feathers along the way. There are some great people on the FL, and I am thankful to try to know them all.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, "I love being me"!

Me too. And I love you're you. I'm not a "be different to make waves" guy. I am what I am - take it or leave it. But I definitely don't fit into what's mainstream today. And that's OK! When I was a kid, I wanted to be everyone's friend, which never works out well. Once I got over that, my life improves 100%

rue

Thank you for this viewpoint. I would welcome anyone to find what I view (although maybe not what anyone else would relate to, but give it a go, please)...as that I do not wish to "fit in" with the crowd that walks this earth today and why? For the very reasons that have been brought to light in what most have stated already. I do not wish to "fit in" with wearing my pants half off my bunns, listen to music that is disgusting mumbo jumbo about "let's kill the bitXX" and down with God, I do not want to be one-of-the-sheep that mills around this life and not having some sense of self pride and being able to stand up for what is right no matter what the surrounding crowd may say. I think in many ways, anyone ( my opinion) that is here on this website has some similar traits, and view it as thus: The average person does not wear a Fedora, would not know beans from bacon about the word, "bash", (unless used in a way of "bashing" someone over the head)...but are we here, average? I do not think so. I tend to have the faith we are ABOVE average and have only words of thanks to anyone here, no matter if they have ruffled a few feathers along the way. There are some great people on the FL, and I am thankful to try to know them all.

Amen :)

I love being me, too (Just wish other people loved that fact lol)

I do :D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Me too. And I love you're you. I'm not a "be different to make waves" guy. I am what I am - take it or leave it. But I definitely don't fit into what's mainstream today. And that's OK! When I was a kid, I wanted to be everyone's friend, which never works out well. Once I got over that, my life improves 100%
That brings back fond memories as well, but you know, I was sort of the "head guy" of a group of similar outcasts but had the respect of jocks (as I was an ace football player and track star ) and had the respect of the "hoods" as I could kick the crap out of anyone if need be. But in the long scope of all that, I always have had a tender heart for anyone in need and always was willing to stand up for what I felt was my own personal morality.

I haven't cared less what people think for decades now. Take it or leave it just get out of the way. :D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That brings back fond memories as well, but you know, I was sort of the "head guy" of a group of similar outcasts but had the respect of jocks (as I was an ace football player and track star ) and had the respect of the "hoods" as I could kick the crap out of anyone if need be. But in the long scope of all that, I always have had a tender heart for anyone in need and always was willing to stand up for what I felt was my own personal morality.
I think this last sentence strikes to the core for the most part of those I see that have touched upon this thread as well...

Oddly, you're talking to the mirror! Literally, this post freaks me out!
That's me, but only a track star in the sense that I was good at one event - long jump :)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I would bet that they really do. You seem to have a good grasp of 'common sense'....and appreciation for family.
Here in Hoosierland we can easily recognize...'genuine'.;)
I can second that as you know, not having met a person face to face, you can grasp the sense of some very good traits and morality from A.E.T. and those values are what life should really be about!

Gray Gordon and his Orchestra -- I Love Me (1940) :p lol:)
(originally written in 1923)

I love me! I love me!
I love myself to death
I love me! I love me!
Till I'm all out of breath

I stop at every slot machine
That I should chance to pass
And give myself a hug and squeeze
As I look in the glass

I love me! I love me!
I'm wild about sweet me
I love me! I love me!
Only me, so I'm content you see

I take me to a quiet place
I put my arms around my waist
And if me gets fresh I'll slap my face
I'm wild about myself

I love me! I love me!
I love to squeeze my hand
I love me! I love me!
It always feels so grand

I like myself with such delight
I take me right straight home each night
And sleep with me till broad daylight
I'm wild about myself.

Last edited:

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
Cause I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.

stuart-smalley-on-snl.jpg

Last edited:

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is the place to discuss it, though. I know we're just going round and round and will never solve anything. However, there are few people in my life outside the FL who really give a darn, so long as their lives are unaffected. You'd think in a place with so many like-minded people a thread like this would be a hit. I know I come here to vent lol.

It is nice to have a place to talk about certain issues and find out you're not the only one who thinks a certain way about something and to see differences in opinion.

I've argued with a lot of people on here, but I have never felt disrespected. And I've tried to not disrespect anyone either. If I have and knew about it, I have apologized because that was not my intent. It is interesting to me to know how people think about things, which is why I like debate and discussion. Sometimes people on here have actually helped me to change how I think about things.

I do not want to be one-of-the-sheep that mills around this life and not having some sense of self pride

Now that's an insult to sheep. ;) lol (points jokingly to user name)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It is nice to have a place to talk about certain issues and find out you're not the only one who thinks a certain way about something and to see differences in opinion.

I've argued with a lot of people on here, but I have never felt disrespected. And I've tried to not disrespect anyone either. If I have and knew about it, I have apologized because that was not my intent. It is interesting to me to know how people think about things, which is why I like debate and discussion. Sometimes people on here have actually helped me to change how I think about things.

Now that's an insult to sheep. ;) lol (points jokingly to user name)
You can point all you want, just point me in the direction of the dinner table when it's meal time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL