THE GENTLEMAN'S WARDDROBE

Discussion in 'Suits' started by MK, Dec 6, 2004.

1. MK

MK Founder Staff Member Bartender

Too rich for my blood. Their generic two piece suit is 900 pounds! That is $1750!!!!!!

2. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter A-List Customer

That's why MyCustomTailors.com is so interesting.

If they are any good, the idea would be to get the designs from Savile Row or Jermyn St. and then send them off to Thailand for knockoffs.

And I do understand that people do go to Thai tailors for just that reason.

3. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter A-List Customer

Let me give you an example of what I mean.

The Thomas Pink website provides designs for many shirts.

http://www.thomaspink.co.uk/

If MyCustomTailors turns out to be ok, then I will download photos of Pink shirts, forward them to MyCustomTailors, and have shirts made to that design at a fraction of the price.

The only equivalent bargain I can think of would be to purchase used Pink shirts on Ebay.

Of course, there also are lots of Oxxford, Brioni, Belvest, and equivalent suits available on Ebay that could make filling Kilgour's stated wardrobe much more reasonable.

4. schwammy

schwammy Familiar Face

I had an unbelievable day at the thrift store - picked up five Brioni jackets for $4 each.

5. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

Good deal. I got an old Brooks brothers jacket recently for $5 locally.

No telling what you'll find at those thrift stores.

Nothing like custom made, though in a pinch a $4 Brioni jacket works well if it looks good on you.