Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Gentlemen Gardener display.

Marty M.

Vendor
Hi fellow Loungers,
Here's are small tribute to the Gentlemen Gardeners out there. It's a quick window display featuring old gardening tools and potting soil (I'm not looking forward to cleaning it up). I couldn't get the lighting in the pictures correct. I'm a very wet beginner when it comes to photography. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

P1010120.jpg

P1010127.jpg

P1010128.jpg

P1010124-1.jpg

[
P1010145-1.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010165.jpg

P1010141.jpg

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I've left instructions for my wife that if I and our bank account should ever turn up as "missing", she should direct the authorities to begin their search for us at Marthy Mathis Direct in Minneapolis. ;)

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
Great photos, and thanks for the inspiration. I love to see what clothing combos other people put together. I hope you don't mind, but i'm going to "borrow" the fly in buttonier hole idea. Keep up the good work!

Flitcraft

One Too Many
No need for apologies....

Sorry for the self indulgence of adding a few more recent pics. I do hope that you enjoy.
Marty
:eusa_clap

Self indulge, Sir! Self indulge!

By the way, the peak-lapelled pinstripe is awesome! Who is the maker, or is that a custom made job?

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks guys.

Smithy, You'd feel at home here. Lot's and lot's of your Norway folks here.
Woodyinnyc, every garment we make we put a hand tied fly in the lapel. I've been wearing them for twenty plus years now. They're on our bags, labels and stationary. I have a local guy tie them for me. PM me your address and I'll send you one. I can't promise you that you'll catch any fish. We file down the barb.
Jamespower and Filtcraft, thanks for your comments. All of the suits, sport coats, trousers and dress shirts are custom made. The exception to custom made is the DB Tux. I didn't have a custom one handy when I did that display.
Marty

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Looks great, Marty. I wish I could find my copy of Wodehouse's Leave it to Psmith. There's a great bit at the beginning about how Lord Emsworth is distressed because it's a beautiful day and he wants to pop out and potter in the garden. "But no gentleman, pop he never so well, can hope to potter with any success if he cannot see what he is doing."

Marty M.

Vendor
Books?

[Looks great, Marty. I wish I could find my copy of Wodehouse's Leave it to Psmith. There's a great bit at the beginning about how Lord Emsworth is distressed because it's a beautiful day and he wants to pop out and potter in the garden. "But no gentleman, pop he never so well, can hope to potter with any success if he cannot see what he is doing."]

Ok, you're a lot smarter then me.
Marty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy