Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Gomez Grotto of Panamas

Madhatter13

New in Town
I have been a member on this forum since 2008 and I rarely comment on any of the threads since I feel it is not my place as a vendor. There are always two sides of the story in any exchange. The gentleman who is a new member and joined just to vent about my work has seen fit to carry on with his dissatisfaction beyond e-mails to this forum. I have done work for him before and he was happy with the outcome. He recently sent me another fur felt hat to redo and work on and gave me carte blanche as to what to do with the hat. After I had completed the hat and sent pictures for his approval, I received a confirmation that I had produced a real showpiece. Well that was short lived! Upon receipt of the invoice he questioned the price for the hat, which hadn't change from his previous purchase.

So as not to leave a customer unhappy I asked what he was expecting to pay for all of the work I had completed on the hat. No reply, then asked what he would like me to change on the hat or rework! Again no reply. Then when I do receive a reply it is “keep it” or that it “would have to be reworked again”. So I never received any instruction on how it would need to be reworked to his satisfaction! I always am willing to do what I need to have a customer leave happy with a hat they are happy to wear. He was not willing to give me that chance, but rather quickly told me to just sell it. I have all correspondence to confirm what I have stated and anyone is welcome to view them just pm me. The hat in question is currently on Etsy for sale and like everyone else he is more than welcome to purchase the hat. I do believe it is customary to receive some compensation for worked performed. So all are welcome to look at the said hat in question and you can be the judge of my work. Just send me a pm and I will send you the link.

I wish to apologize for this long rant and that it was aired here on the FL

Madhatter13

New in Town
If you wanted to fix the hat why not reply to voice mails ? I gladly would have paid more for a more detailed ribbon as I stated in my voicemails to you and that this was way off

Madhatter13

New in Town
I have been a member on this forum since 2008 and I rarely comment on any of the threads since I feel it is not my place as a vendor. There are always two sides of the story in any exchange. The gentleman who is a new member and joined just to vent about my work has seen fit to carry on with his dissatisfaction beyond e-mails to this forum. I have done work for him before and he was happy with the outcome. He recently sent me another fur felt hat to redo and work on and gave me carte blanche as to what to do with the hat. After I had completed the hat and sent pictures for his approval, I received a confirmation that I had produced a real showpiece. Well that was short lived! Upon receipt of the invoice he questioned the price for the hat, which hadn't change from his previous purchase.

So as not to leave a customer unhappy I asked what he was expecting to pay for all of the work I had completed on the hat. No reply, then asked what he would like me to change on the hat or rework! Again no reply. Then when I do receive a reply it is “keep it” or that it “would have to be reworked again”. So I never received any instruction on how it would need to be reworked to his satisfaction! I always am willing to do what I need to have a customer leave happy with a hat they are happy to wear. He was not willing to give me that chance, but rather quickly told me to just sell it. I have all correspondence to confirm what I have stated and anyone is welcome to view them just pm me. The hat in question is currently on Etsy for sale and like everyone else he is more than welcome to purchase the hat. I do believe it is customary to receive some compensation for worked performed. So all are welcome to look at the said hat in question and you can be the judge of my work. Just send me a pm and I will send you the link.

I wish to apologize for this long rant and that it was aired here on the FL

Madhatter13

New in Town
ILL MAKE THIS REALLY SIMPLE MR. GOMEZ .TAKE THE RIBBON OFF ILL TAKE THE HAT AND ILL HAVE A RIBBON MADE ELSEWHERE THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT I WILL PAY YOU MINUS THE RIBBON SINCE YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO INTEREST IN CORRECTING IT AND DONT WANT TO CALL ME BACK

To the best of my knowledge, I've had no dealings with our new friend Madhatter13, but I have long known and respected Tom Gomez, and I have on numerous occasions referred to him people looking for a hat I knew him to be better equipped than I to produce. (He has both equipment and expertise I lack, especially for making straw hats.)
The feedback from those I have referred to Tom has been 100 percent favorable, and not just in regard to the workmanship. Tom is not only a true artist and craftsman (in media other than hats, by the way, but that's a topic for another day), he is also an honorable guy who has never in my experience or that of anyone I've heard from heretofore been anything but trustworthy.
Nothing I have read since our new friend has weighed in here has me reconsidering my opinion of Tom and his work in any way.

Madhatter13

New in Town
To the best of my knowledge, I've had no dealings with our new friend Madhatter13, but I have long known and respected Tom Gomez, and I have on numerous occasions referred to him people looking for a hat I knew him to be better equipped than I to produce. (He has both equipment and expertise I lack, especially for making straw hats.)
The feedback from those I have referred to Tom has been 100 percent favorable, and not just in regard to the workmanship. Tom is not only a true artist and craftsman (in media other than hats, by the way, but that's a topic for another day), he is also an honorable guy who has never in my experience or that of anyone I've heard from heretofore been anything but trustworthy.
Nothing I have read since our new friend has weighed in here has me reconsidering my opinion of Tom and his work in any way.

Not sure what Madhatter13's motive is after quoting all of our posts. I think he made his point. Maybe he's trying to get his post count up.

kingrat

One of the Regulars
I'm surprised he doesn't sue you for slander. Mr. Gomez rebuilt a vintage Portis western into a fedora That started out gray and was really Green. The man is very honest and is a master at what he does. I haven't been here in while but this pretty well pisses me off. You ordered it now pay for it.

Madhatter13

New in Town
Like I said he makes a really nice hat this one was a swing and a by miss for me. I did explain prior to starting the hat the kind of ribbon I would like and wound up with the farthest thing from it. I left 4

Madhatter13

New in Town
Ok folks you'll all be happy as well to know this is my last post my offer to Mr gomez. Send me a bill minus the ribbon Ill pay it send me the hat. As far as slander pull your head out Did I not say he makes a really nice hat this one fell short

Madhatter13

New in Town
I'm surprised he doesn't sue you for slander. Mr. Gomez rebuilt a vintage Portis western into a fedora That started out gray and was really Green. The man is very honest and is a master at what he does. I haven't been here in while but this pretty well pisses me off. You ordered it now pay for it.

Madhatter13

New in Town
GFU

Madhatter13

New in Town
You're a funny guy I did say he makes a real nice hat so either that you're wearing right now is to tight or maybe your panties are all bunched up but get over it

kingrat

One of the Regulars
I glad this will be your last post and I try to be funny and I don't wear panties and enjoy the hat. BYE BYE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran