Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Good News Thread

Kishtu

Practically Family
Many and various good news-es.

Small Person slept in his new big boy's bed for the first time on Saturday night. It went well. The cats have now annexed it as a daybed.
Today I put my pencil skirt on and not only does it fit but it looks better than it did before I was expecting Small.

The Hairy Bloke is making a chorizo stew tonight for supper and it's most defiinitely chorizo stew weather....
Small's new book ("Nothing" by Mick Inkpen - a very sad book about a toy cat who forgets who he is) arrived in the post this morning.

And to celebrate (everything) I just treated myself to a heap of new cosmetics which should arrive in the post this week.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
How old is Small Person and what's its name? :)

According to my parents, I was sleeping in my own bed since I was a tiny little tyke and I was never afraid of the dark.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Small Person was 14 months old on Saturday....
He's William, but was introduced at birth to the FL as Wigglesworth (he did, for the whole 9 months previous)

Sadly, he's not afraid of very much. Be good if he was, he wouldn't keep on trying to hurl himself to his doom!

Cricket

Practically Family
Good news for me:
Past weekend was all around a good time for the entire family.

Friday evening, loaded up both kids and hubby and took a ride out in the country after work. Gravel roads, cool breeze and several animal spottings.

Saturday morning, loaded up both kids again and hubby and I walked a walkathon for little girl with cancer in our small community. Once again, slight breeze, kids happy and eager to walk and accomplished our goal.

Saturday evening, after a day of naps, household accomplishments, had a fantastic bowl of Creole gumbo, kids went to bed early and hubby and I shared a cocktail while watching first disc of Band of Brothers, which arrived in the mail this week. :)

Sunday, after church had gumbo leftovers which are always good the next day, for some odd reason was happy to do the laundry, boys went fishing while me and baby had "tummy time." Then ended the night with baths and a plate of Praline Chicken.

Not too exciting to others, I'm sure, but to me a weekend with leisure time with the family, good food and good endings are just good all together.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not too exciting to others, I'm sure, but to me a weekend with leisure time with the family, good food and good endings are just good all together.

Those are the best! I had a wonderful weekend spent visiting my parents. My mother and I attended a craft festival, while my father and husband sawed lumber. My parents' farm has powerlines, and the power company is clearing the land around the lines. The place is a mess and my parents have lost over 300 trees. The bright side is that we think that we might be able to saw enough lumber to build a small camp (cabin).

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
My first book has been accepted for publication in the UK, and will be distributed in the US and Australia as well as through Amazon worldwide and major chains (if you know my full name, it's up for pre-order on the sites). It is a maritime history related biography, and has to do with a certain major anniversary that falls next year...not quite Golden Age as we define it, it falls in the Belle Epoque.

Congrats!!!

Nine

New in Town
Good news!

Three distinctions on three law essays in the last month. Also, I'm on holiday from work this week. Bliss!

Cricket

Practically Family
Those are the best! I had a wonderful weekend spent visiting my parents. My mother and I attended a craft festival, while my father and husband sawed lumber. My parents' farm has powerlines, and the power company is clearing the land around the lines. The place is a mess and my parents have lost over 300 trees. The bright side is that we think that we might be able to saw enough lumber to build a small camp (cabin).

A cabin would be my dream. I hope ya'll have enough lumber :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I just bought tickets to Noel Coward's Private Lives which is playing here, and it was a lucky thing I can type fast because they're now sold out!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Friday evening, loaded up both kids and hubby and took a ride out in the country after work. Gravel roads, cool breeze and several animal spottings.

I remember doing that Cricket when I went camping in Boy Scouts, near Eudora MS.
One of my fondest memories of my childhood. (of course that didn't include a husband or kids, thought I'd edit that part in) :D

I just bought tickets to Noel Coward's Private Lives which is playing here, and it was a lucky thing I can type fast because they're now sold out!

"Strange how potent cheap music is."
...Amanda Prynne, Private Lives

Congratulations on your good fortune! Who's in the production?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YP3N_2O55A
My apologies. The video itself is stupid but it's the only one I can find that has the original Noel Coward/Gertrude Lawrence dialogue.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I think I have good news really each day, for one, I woke up in my own bed, not handcuffed to Betty Sue Higgonshire, not in Jail, not at the Morgue, and still in my own pajama's! What more could a person ask for!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy