Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

GWD

One Too Many
^ That hat looks great! When Johnny first posted those it was on my list of must haves. Then the more I looked at it the less sure I was. Now I wish I would have bid on one of 'em. :eusa_doh:

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
grreenhats01

Here are some of my green lids

-Art Fawcet original "The Fly Fisher"

-Stetson Whippet

-Stetson Downs

Roadrunner

One of the Regulars
*Sigh* Thanks guys, now I need to go find a green hat to supplement my brown, black, tan and blue ones. It never ends does it?

Now I wish I would have bid on one of 'em.

Bidding does not equal winning. Trust me on this.

GWD

One Too Many
Roadrunner said:
*Sigh* Thanks guys, now I need to go find a green hat to supplement my brown, black, tan and blue ones. It never ends does it?

Bidding does not equal winning. Trust me on this.

Oh I know! But I didn't even try! :rage:

Roadrunner

One of the Regulars
True, there is something to be said for the pursuit, struggling mightily in the arena and all that. Personally I'm a bigger fan of opening that big box and putting a snazzy new hat on my head! But I guess I'm not alone in that as this entire forum's existence attests.

Duck

Practically Family
jimmy the lid said:
Here's the last of my green lids, just in from johnnyphi -- a Royal Stetson in a gorgeous shade of green. The felt and the ribbon change color depending on the lighting:

StetsonMoselle.jpg

Moselle1.jpg

Moselle2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy, that is one gorgeous hat. I think it is my favorite of your green lids.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carldelo

One Too Many
Late to the party

Just found this thread - love the green hats, especially that Whippet. For those of you out there like me with big noggins, who have little chance of ever finding a vintage lid your size (much less a green one), the Stetson Chatham in Sage green is a nice option. I find the felt to be quite buttery - the crown is a little stiff out of the box, but softens with time. Someday I may even steam a diamond bash into the crown following Gene's example.

Hatshow026.jpg

kampkatz

Practically Family
I had a forest green Tyrolean hat(with feathers naturally) a few years ago. Sadly it was exposed to too much "wetness" and shrunk, so I gave it to a friend who wears a smaller size.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a Great Thread.....

I'm glad you started it Jimmy. I can't even compare with you, Gene and the rest of the Fella's, but here's what I have regardless. [huh]

Probably the 2nd Stingiest Lid in my collection, my Lucien de Barbant. (Black Velour Ribbon & Trim)
LuciendeBarbant1.jpg
LuciendeBarbant2.jpg

Richman Brothers.....
Richman2.jpg
Richman1.jpg

Kevin McAndrew.....
McAndrew2.jpg
McAndrew1.jpg

Dobbs Loden....that I swapped the cording with a custom ribbon.
Loden4.jpg
Loden3.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also have this woolie.....
Olivewool1.jpg

Akubra Airstream
Akubra1.jpg
Akubra2.jpg

Sovereign....."Olive"
Sovereign2.jpg
Sovereign1.jpg

I no longer have this Newsboy, but it sure was a beauty. I think I sold it to Duck if I'm not mistaken?
OliveNB.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bolty, great entries - and lots of 'em!

You and Jimmy would be tied for first place if it were up to me.

I got lucky to just get two good greenies a while back and I quit while I was ahead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo