Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Grizzly"

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Nice Grizzly in this pic

Those are 2 sharp-looking fellows. Do you know the provenance of this photo?

I particularly like the chap on the right's homemade turn-ups [cuffs] and scarf. I do that with a couple of my heavier suits in winter, although I haven't yet got round to wearing flash boots with them...

Elmonteman

One of the Regulars

lgcarp

New in Town
Incredibly Hot Grizzly Jacket!

I have 4 Grizzly jackets (2 originals & 2 repros) but the one with the white mouton fur is a killer look. Would love to be able to purchase that one at some point. Hope joining this site will afford me that opportunity someday. Newbie here!

Not bragging about what I have, as I've been a collector for a long time. Once again, I thought I had to have at least 15 postings before I'm allowed to post photos. If not, let me know and I'll be more than happy to post them.

mattfink

Practically Family
lgcarp said:
I have 4 Grizzly jackets (2 originals & 2 repros) but the one with the white mouton fur is a killer look. Would love to be able to purchase that one at some point. Hope joining this site will afford me that opportunity someday. Newbie here!

Only 4? Why each of us has at least a dozen or so....wah, wah, wahhhhhhh

lgcarp

New in Town
Geez, give me a break guy!

Not bragging about what I have, as I've been a collector for a long time. Once again, I thought I had to have at least 15 postings before I'm allowed to post photos. If not, let me know and I'll be more than happy to post them.

Hey guy! Don't I need 15 posts before I will be allowed to post lots of my treasures? If not, let me know and I will definitely post them. I'm not bragging about anything I don't have, so cut me some slack. Not to be too overstated, but I have enough men's vintage jackets, hats, gloves, suits, shoes, etc. to stock a complete vintage store. Get it! It's called being a long time collector. I'm old!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Alden.

Notice how the only guy who's hatless is a kid wearing a pretty cool grizzly?

Copyofimg890.jpg

lol When I wrote "Grizzly" the French film noir "Touchez Pas au Grisbi" came to mind: sounds similar.

Navin323i

Practically Family
What a fantastic thread! I had never heard of a "grizzly" until I joined this site. To all you owners of this style jacket, it's definitely a beautiful jacket... wear and enjoy it in good health! :)

marineabilly

A-List Customer
DoubleXX said:
Huge price reduction on these Japanese-made repro Lakeland Grizzlies...if you take a small size (doubtful, I know), it's a pretty good deal:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/yamamotojp/10016985/

A few more here at regular prices:

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/vintage/ll80037.html

And here's a real one for about USD$2000:

http://wicked1996.exblog.jp/12476019/

I saw these just the other day in my office. These are my EXACT measurements. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the brown one.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
DoubleXX said:
I couldn't resist at that price.

That was a great buy! I've been checking out that jacket at Lost Worlds' website for a long time but the price is a little steep for me.

How do you find the overall fit of the jacket?

Noel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany