Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Grizzly"

alden405

A-List Customer
img890.jpg

like anything,if its done right it rocks

here it is getting done right in about 1942

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Resortes,
I would wear it Proudly !
Killer Jacket you got !

mihai, Bro sounds like Drama all the BS you went through.
shoulda just went Aero ! theres a Fuzzier one made by Himel Bros...

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Che!

I usually wear my grizzly with a dress shirt and tie, just like the Sears catalog illustrations!

I wish all the expressed disdain for grizzly jackets translated into cheaper prices on the vintage market.......

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Che!

I usually wear my grizzly with a dress shirt and tie, just like the Sears catalog illustrations!

I wish all the expressed disdain for grizzly jackets translated into cheaper prices on the vintage market.......
"Yea the sticky on top of page has some crazy killer pics", http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?37176-1942-catalog

My Tailor does the same thing hardcore workwear with vintage tie...
232323232%7Ffp6356%3B%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B%3A%3C4639734%3Bnu0mrj

No not a grizzly but just a Tie & HH workwear shot.....but my coat collar is real sheepskin.....:D
I had him reline that HH jacket in Alpaca & vintage Cordoury...
I went to pick it up & he's wearin it & said to me, I have too many HH jackets sell me this jacket!....it Just was perfect for him....
Gotta take care of him.....He cosigned so many HH for me. & its a cool look.
Me im just gonna button up & thats it if i have a shirt under a work garment....
Boy that was 23 lbs ago i bet the coat i have on fits now...& i could tuck in that old shirt too.:cool:

OK back to topic
heres a Cheepie Stinky in a good size http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vtg-19...pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item460a466926 This will be intresting to follow.
& here's a older version for a silly price,, This King-o-Fur was probably the earliest Grizzly Type made.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-193...pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item43b60811c0
Notice the wool lining & Codouroy collar strip. Cool Huh !
I have seen these with the throat latch thingy under the collars maybe this was a older jacket or cut off?
Also notice the types of hair the Older type had longer Hair more Grizzly looking & the Later types had Mouton ....

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Not everyone's taste, but it was a long time on my wishlist... :p

Warehouse Company x Heller's Cafe;

HC-053 Sheepskin & Horsehide 'Grizzly' Sports Jacket

GrizzlyFront_zps799fcfe1.jpg

Grizzlyback_zps79ca05dc.jpg

GrizzlyLining_zps6489966f.jpg

GrizzlyLabel_zps7454a935.jpg

Also check out Rin Tanaka's Book Motorcycle Jackets "A Century of Leather Design", page 37 ;)

P1010129_zpsbc57474f.jpg

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great look. Ive never seen one worn in public. The Lost Worlds do an amazing looking horse hide with cow hair panels...
Sexy as hell....and quite wearable..its in the same section they advertise the grizzly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner