Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hatco Outlet Store in Garland, TX

While I’m at it I have another question.

Now that I have my summer Panama Hat, what hat should I wear for rain protection on warm to hot days?

I live in Texas and my felt fedora will soon get too hot to wear.

What’s the best way to go on rain days?

For rain I have two avenues (aside from umbrellas): 1. Get something like an Outdoor Research (OR) Gore-Tex boonie. 2. Get a SunBody palm hat. they are good hats, but they are heavyweights and not the coolest wearing summer hats.

You might also look for a polypropylene “Panama” hat.

Jerry Probst

One of the Regulars
I do disaster work following floods, hurricanes, etc. it’s outdoor work so I’m subjected to all kinds of weather. I like your OR suggestion. It looks like a durable rain hat that will pack well. It’s not a fashion hat, but you can’t have everything. Combined with the Panama hat for hot days I think I should be covered.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for your response.

I guess that’s why I asked the question. A large percentage of the lower price point Stetson Panama hats at the Garland outlet store are branded. This one wasn’t.

Because this is one of Stetson’s higher quality Panama hats and because of the tight Cuenca weave, I assume everything is authentic. I just wonder why the word Ecuador is nowhere to be seen on the hat.
Sometimes a hat gets missed with the stamp, or brand, and sometimes it ends up underneath the sweat somewhere out of sight. It certainly looks genuine to me from your pictures.

Jerry Probst

One of the Regulars
Yes, I’m liking it more and more as I wear it. Good quality Panama hats can get expensive quick. I thought it was going to take a very long time for me to find a good deal. I bought a very nice Dobbs Hot to Trot Panama a few weeks ago to serve as a good summer hat while I searched. I didn’t expect to find a bargain like this in my size so quickly.

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
While I’m at it I have another question.

Now that I have my summer Panama Hat, what hat should I wear for rain protection on warm to hot days?

I live in Texas and my felt fedora will soon get too hot to wear.

What’s the best way to go on rain days?

Honestly, for the bad weather and rain soaked days I have purchased a couple of Outback Trading Company Kodiaks. Oilskin. I purchased two mesh versions as well. Still UPF50.

quikrick

One Too Many
I was in Garland in February this year. We had to stop at the Outlet store. I found this cool stingy brim Dobbs fur felt "Inwood" in Steel Grey. I picked it out and took it to the front desk for them to hold it for me while I continued shopping. When I went back to pay, the lady said it was already paid for!... my sweet sweet daughter went up to pay for it when I wasn't looking!
The price on the tag was $65.00, but it was half off of that, $32.50!!
mRkYrrw.jpg
XkbXyNY.jpg

RJR

I was in Garland in February this year. We had to stop at the Outlet store. I found this cool stingy brim Dobbs fur felt "Inwood" in Steel Grey. I picked it out and took it to the front desk for them to hold it for me while I continued shopping. When I went back to pay, the lady said it was already paid for!... my sweet sweet daughter went up to pay for it when I wasn't looking!
The price on the tag was $65.00, but it was half off of that, $32.50!!
mRkYrrw.jpg
XkbXyNY.jpg
:)

Scooterz

Practically Family
Went by Garland. Always interesting to see the variations of hats that wind up there. Many of the hats have flaws but most are very minor. Or some are oddball samples or experiments. Got lucky and picked up a couple of strats, Caribou and the newer version of Sage with tone on tone ribbons. Son picked up a walnut strat with a nice leather band instead of a ribbon. Also found a caribou open road with a wide black ribbon. I will probably change it out eventually. It has a black 150th liner.
qwr12s.jpg qwr15s.jpg
qwr14s.jpg qwr24s.jpg
qwr01s.jpg qwr23s.jpg QWR27s.jpg Sage seems to be a little hard to photograph. I need to steam the ribbon and straighten the ends.

Went by Garland. Always interesting to see the variations of hats that wind up there. Many of the hats have flaws but most are very minor. Or some are oddball samples or experiments. Got lucky and picked up a couple of strats, Caribou and the newer version of Sage with tone on tone ribbons. Son picked up a walnut strat with a nice leather band instead of a ribbon. Also found a caribou open road with a wide black ribbon. I will probably change it out eventually. It has a black 150th liner.
View attachment 180116 View attachment 180117
View attachment 180118 View attachment 180122
View attachment 180119 View attachment 180121 View attachment 180123 Sage seems to be a little hard to photograph. I need to steam the ribbon and straighten the ends.
Good gets, Scooterz!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Pkyoakum

One of the Regulars
I just went to the outlet store in Garland and was disappointed. Regarding Fedoras, all I saw were on the cheap end wool hats. Also hardly anything in sizes 7 3/8 to 7 1/2. If one is looking for cowboy hats there is a larger selection.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I just went to the outlet store in Garland and was disappointed. Regarding Fedoras, all I saw were on the cheap end wool hats. Also hardly anything in sizes 7 3/8 to 7 1/2. If one is looking for cowboy hats there is a larger selection.

Ps: I always ask the clerks to check in the back for stock that has not made it to the floor. The staff have always been very helpful in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points