Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The history bunker.com.uk

DoolittleRaider

Familiar Face
hello,

i posted recently about an RAF desert uniform and an eagle squadron impression.

well i started doing some research online trying to look for a Service dress uniform in my size and i stumbled across thehistorybunker.com.uk

there based in england and the smallest size that they make in the RAF service dress is a 40" chest, which could work, but i wear a 38 chest.

my overall question is has anyone purchased anything from them? if so, how good are they?

id really like to know, becuase at the moment they are my only outlet for RAF service dress, minus going to replicaters in india and i honestly do not want to take that outlet.

my idea is to get the bigger size and do some alterations to it, if need be.

any help will be appreciated

thanks,

Baggers

Practically Family
Seriously, I'll have to agree with Sgt Brown. And while the smallest wool SD uniform tunic currently available from him is a 42 reg, the KD SD tunic is in stock in your size according to the drop down. Take that and the KD officer's trousers available on the same page, add a blue shirt, tie, cap, shoes, wings and rank lace and you're done. I've got the Army version of that jacket and it's beautifully made at a great price.

Baggers

Practically Family
I wear a 34" dress shirt sleeve and most everything I've purchased in the last few years have been long enough for me. Sometimes even longer. I think his suppliers have responded to the calls for a better fit. The KD bush jacket I purchased last year was a totally different fit from his first run with longer sleeves and bigger cuffs. The fit through the body was much better. The KD tunics being discussed here have unfinished sleeves and come in longs as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic