Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hot Water treatment-

edmond

Vendor
sorry guys thelanglitz ihave is NOT horse BUT GOATSKIN. should i do the same? hottest i can go with tap? how long do i soak em on?

Hi Guys,
I'm going to resurrect this thread with a new jacket in mind...
Just got a 40's Horsehide jacket that could be my favorite!
It's got all the features I like....
BUT
The shoulder sits a bit strangely when I put it on. Could be from a hanger or something with the lining- not quite sure.
My hope is to HWT the jacket and get it back to it's original shape. Doesn't seem like too big of a deal, but as always....
Good to get feedback before starting.
I've already begun the Dr. Jackson's treatment. Do I need to wait awhile before getting it wet?

Thanks

Last edited:
So Here is the issue:
shoulder pic.jpg shpoulder2.jpg
The strange thing is that the bump doesn't seem to be there when it's laid flat- it shows up when you wear it.

Sorry for the attachments, I cant seem to delete photos from here.....

Attachments

• shoulder pic.jpg
    shoulder pic.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 752
  • shoulder2.jpg
    shoulder2.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 735
  • shoulder-pic.jpg
    shoulder-pic.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 801
Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
Looks like my Teamster, which was made too big in the shoulders, so that's where it creases with any arm movement. Once that area creases like that permanently, it's pretty hard to get it to sit right. If I am correct (always a crapshoot!), having it altered will cause sleeve length loss. Frank

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Mike I've had that happen too when the shoulders are a little wide. It's where the extra material ends up. If you soak it and wear it while it dries it may fit your shoulders better by molding to your shape. I've had success with that before. For the record I have never had leather shrink even a little after washing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany