The Indiana Jones jacket. Much hype, little substance?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by PADDY, Nov 27, 2005.

1. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Wested Custom G-1 type (Goat) breaking in nicely :)

G ONE.JPG

2. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

TBH, my Wested experience has been all good.....for the money I've ended up with a very wearable jacket that didn't break the bank! Made in the UK too :)

davyjones007 likes this.
  3. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

This G-1 is absolutely stunning. The rust knits are such a unique touch and they look great! I recently had the knits replaced on a vintage Star Sportswear and I wish I had gone for this color instead of the standard brown.

bn1966 likes this.
  4. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

This Wested G-1 / M-422A custom tribute sports A-2 'knits' from MASH (Japan) & is based on a '72 Star Sportswear G-1 I owned & ..faithfully copied by Wested Leather :) (inc NOS period zipper) Lining & mouton from very well known jacket makers!!....enjoying the ownership :) Great value for money IMHO.....

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Zombie_61, namvet6971 and El Marro like this.
  5. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's worth pointing out that you have rather specialized measurements, so you got genuine custom fit, they didn't just slap it together based on a standard pattern.

davyjones007, bn1966 and Zombie_61 like this.
  6. MichaelV

MichaelV New in Town

I purchased one because of its light weight lambskin and knitless cuffs and waist. Its perfect for the Arizona Fall and Winter months.

bn1966 and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. Raider

Raider One of the Regulars

I love mine. Off-the-rack LC/CS in distressed cowhide.

bn1966 likes this.
  8. docneg

docneg One of the Regulars

I’ll tell you something funny that happened last Halloween. There’s an annual party I go to but I hadn’t been feeling well that week and didn’t plan to attend. My friends came over in their costumes and coaxed me to go along. They said, “You don’t have to have a costume, just come with us.” So I went with them for a bit. I was dressed just as I typically am when I am casual. When we got there, everybody wanted a picture of me, “dressed as Indiana Jones”. They had no idea it wasn’t a costume. Attached is a photo of me standing next to a guy (sitting) who did actually dress as Indiana Jones. I still laugh out loud when I see it.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

Pdxgeo, bn1966, davyjones007 and 3 others like this.