Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The last express - pc videogame

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
It was June 1998 and summer vacations had just started at my high school. I remember going to the store one sunny day and buying myself a pc video game I had wanted for a while: its name was "The Last Express". You might ask, what's that to do with this forum? This ain't pcgamer.com! Well you may be right. And yet I presume at least somebody here will find this interesting.
That game kept me hooked and amazed the whole summer. I thought it was the best adventure game I had ever played. Then I forgot about it. Until recently, when I decided to look for a copy of it, since mine had long time gone, on ebay (what would I do without ebay?). Easy job, I had my new discs after a few days and palyed it. It did look aged, but I still thought it was the best adventure game ever.
The game is set in 1914, and entirely on the Orient Express train travelling through Europe. It's got elements from A. Christie's Murder on the Orient Express, to Chandler's The Maltese Falcon. Its realization is also interesting as they used real actors and then "cartoonized" them with retroscope animation (like the movie "American pop"). Costumes and settings are great, the storyline is original and fascinating, the soundtrack is haunting.
If anyone is interested, here's the link to the game intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8K5tPOSVng

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace