Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Lee Lounge

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
lee4.jpg

lee3.jpg

lee2.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg
DSC_0016-1-1.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
I just went back through this thread and Lee made some great lids. They don't seem to turn up a lot or get talked about much, but they had nicely proportioned hats.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1940's LEE Bon Voyage w/original container

Well, I finally got around to uploading these pictures. I got this hat from ebay and shockingly I was the only bidder. Its a 6 7/8, but It fits my size 7 head pretty good. Ive never seen another original container with a late 40's Lee Bon Voyage in person and after talking to several lounger members, they hadnt either. I am posting a good amount of pictures just to show everyone how cool LEE and this hat really is. First off the felt is EXTREMELY lightweight and pliable. There really isnt much stiffener at all in the hat. I doubt this hat was ever worn. I bought the original advertisment for the hat to kind of make it a complete "set." The color is very hard to photograph, but the picture of just the ribbon bow is a pretty good portrayal of the hats color, except it is slightly brighter in the picture due to the flash. I would describe it as a green heather felt. Whats really amazing about the hat is the fact that it works just like the advertisment says. After all these years, the sweatband is still pliable and the felt is soft as ever. I could probably get the hat to shape a little better with some steam, but Im not going to bother. The original intention was to take the hat from the canister, shape it, and put it on. When the hat is first removed, all you have to do is pop out one side of the hat (in the pictures one side of the crown looks a little lower because it folds into the other side), pop up the brim (which re-flanges itself), and put a crease in it. Within 30 seconds, you have a wearable hat. Its really cool. Here are some pictures.

03082011256.jpg

03082011258.jpg

03082011259.jpg

03082011260.jpg

03082011264.jpg

03082011265.jpg

03082011263.jpg

03082011266.jpg

03082011267.jpg

03082011268.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Very cool Josh. Thanks for the full photo layout. Great find.

:arated:
Great find.

Great documentation and looks like very nice felt too. Outstanding find.

That is a very cool one, Josh, what color? looks like a heathered blue green. Let's see it on your head!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYBODY!! :):) I was very excited to have found this. Some head shots are coming up later today.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Cool man, like the color alot. Does it taper much or is that just the photo angle?

Thanks hatophile. The crown is pretty strait with a rounded (creased) top. Since the hat is meant to be folded, its not real good with holding my standard center dent with "mickey mouse ears" bash, so I had to do something a little sharper. Its a good size crown though.
03082011264.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner