Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the leopard can never change its spots

Lillemor

One Too Many
Hmm...I had a tiger "fur" bedspread because I like that pattern but don't suit it and I don't suit leopard print either because of the golden brown tones in it so I'd have to stick to hair accessories or home accessories in leopard print but hub doesn't seem keen on it. Now it won't go with our color themes.

I'm not worried about looking tacky though, that's one of my hallmarks.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Add me to the gals who like the "tacky" look. :D Why not have fun with your wardrobe. I *would* go for "cheap", too, but I fear I may be a bit too old for that. I'll just admire it on you younguns! ;)

I haven't any time to look through my movie star pics on my computer as I'm leaving the country on Thursday, but I do know I have photos of both Clara Bow and Gloria Swanson in leopard prints. I once made a big leopard post on my old LJ, but the photos have been long deleted :(

As for leopard print -- I got it as accents around some of my tattoos! Hehe!! SKIN RASH! I've always liked the way it looked, though.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor said:
I don't suit leopard print either because of the golden brown tones in it
Lillemor, if you're worried about the golden tones, just wear snow leopard instead! H&M have this lovely angora beret right now (both in stores and on-line):
DXL775_70857_06000_22_6390.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Lillemor, if you're worried about the golden tones, just wear snow leopard instead! H&M have this lovely angora beret right now (both in stores and on-line):

Thanks, hadn't thought of that and of course we have H&M here.:) It would go better with the wine, purple, red, grey, black, and navy shades of the majority of my winter wardrobe.

Add me to the gals who like the "tacky" look. Why not have fun with your wardrobe.

Exactly, which is why I've stopped fighting my natural inclination towards looking like a Bollywood babe/Christmas tree.

Lenore

Practically Family
Lillemor said:
Exactly, which is why I've stopped fighting my natural inclination towards looking like a Bollywood babe/Christmas tree.

Nothing wrong with that. If I could pull it off I would but it just doesn't suit me. I've tried. I'm down to admiring on the women who can.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
That is stunning! I wish there were more sow leopard prints out there. I would probably jump on the tacky bandwagon and dress in it head to toe!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
Add me to the gals who like the "tacky" look. :D Why not have fun with your wardrobe. I *would* go for "cheap", too, but I fear I may be a bit too old for that. I'll just admire it on you

I go back and forth on the whole concept of "tacky look". Whenever I consider making a tacky purchase, I hear grandma in my head telling me that a young lady never wears things like that. Oh, I've got tacky in my closet cause I love it, I just can't bring myself to wear it.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
cherry lips said:
I'm looking forward to Amy Jeanne's 20s -30s pics, and more picutres of FLers in leopard (Miss Bella Hell?..).

Well, I never turn down an opportunity like that!! lol Here's me in a repro bathing suit in a little fashion show I was in. Obviously I was styled like this. Normally don't wear stockings with a bathing suit! lol
IMG_4291.jpg

Scuse the face!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I do not wear real furs i like furs on animals ;) having said that, i did use this as an avatar some time ago, i was trying very hard to look a bit ladylike, me and this faux leopard hat that i got at the local op shop.:p [huh]

m_IMG_4352-1.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss Bella Hell you're looking steamy as ever, HadleyH you look lovely and ladylike, goldwyn girl I want picture proof that you're a leopard girl!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne, you must be pretty skilled at searching! :eek: *gasp* those outfits are stunning!
Miss 1929 said:
I adore leapord and hubby hates it. :(
Wear it anyway! Can you help it if you're an untamed temptress and it's the law of the jungle?

Lillemor

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Amy Jeanne, you must be pretty skilled at searching! :eek: *gasp* those outfits are stunning!

Wear it anyway! Can you help it if you're an untamed temptress and it's the law of the jungle?

I'll use that as an argument for all of my poor tastes from now on!:) I like white/grey/black tones in fur and leopard print in small pattern would look alright on me, I think. Though I don't have a black/white stand on fur, I'm not considering real leopard.

:eek:fftopic: I prefer faux fur to look a bit faux and I only own one piece of real fur that was a thrift gift and I have such mixed feelings about it. Due to family in-law diplomatic relations, I didn't have the guts to reject it.:eek: It only sees the outside of a closet on special occassions with the family in-law.

My favorite faux fur was a bright pink one. I also owned pink leopard print in everything at the same time. So I could be seen in pink leopard print leggings, same in mini skirt and halter neck top, pink lipstick, pink nail polish, topped off with pink faux fur! If mom wasn't up, I'd put on my pink plastic sandals and make my way through the snow, to the bus to go to school. I had my boots in my backpack. Yes, that was the 80s.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
One of my favorite leopard ladies:
MomLeopard.jpg

RedHotRidinHood's mom! (Taken from the beatnik thread.)

Mara Corday
CordayDay01.jpg

From Starlet Showcase

Lillemor

One Too Many
cherry lips said:

The snow leopard version is sold out!:( I don't know if I'd find one if a physical store. I don't have to time to get in to Horsens before next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland