Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the leopard can never change its spots

Lillemor

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Connie Francis
conniefrancis_leopard.jpg

The first woman and the first lady of rock and roll!

:eusa_clap One of my favorite 50s (okay, late 50s) ladies and I think I have that picture some where in a CD sleeve. I love the hair she had back then, her flamboyant and colorful yet tasteful style. No such luck that I'll ever manage to combine all of those things.;) :D She looked beautiful and strong back then. I'll refrain from commenting on her life after the 50s because I can't do it without getting overly emotional and bitchy.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
I LOVE this thread, and every new photograph makes me just SWOON! There's been a couple of those "no real fur" comments, so it makes me hesitant to post this. No flames, alright? I wear VINTAGE fur and love it, and I'm just posting to make a personal contribution. This coat was purchased as a gift for a Reed College professor around 1944. I bought it at her estate in 2008.

This is the coat from my old avatar in full color:

jldnbgn_081116_0023a.jpg

(I really, really don't want to start anything about fur! My coat is fab and just deserved to be shown off!)

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
pdxvintagette said:
jldnbgn_081116_0023a.jpg

(I really, really don't want to start anything about fur! My coat is fab and just deserved to be shown off!)

I don't blame you for wanting to show off -- I would too if I had that coat!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
this is the only thing i own in cat like print (a couple of years old photo of me in my pink coat)- this and a little purse; i also had a skinny belt in a fake pony hair which i sold cause i thought it looked gross (my feeling about most of the fake fur around)
3504602416_225144c673.jpg
4205254917_e7329621bf.jpg

personally i am just too bony to pull off anything cat like, but from what I can see around me few of the curvier ladies do it anyway...but on who does it looks great! nice one goldwyn girl and pdxvintagette!
when it comes to jane mansfield though can help but think it looks vulgar - just my opinion, i know a lot of you will disagree.
i think the way leopard looks in general it's more to do with the person than the print.

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Just thought I'd throw a picture into the mix of my faux fur leopard coat. It's actually brand new, but I loved it because it has a distinctly early 60s silhouette.

11_27_09j.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Oh you ladies are making me drool! swingkitten85, where did you buy that delicious coat?
swingkitten85 said:
Just thought I'd throw a picture into the mix of my faux fur leopard coat. It's actually brand new, but I loved it because it has a distinctly early 60s silhouette.
dita+von+teese+rachel.jpg
dita+von+teese+rachel+face.jpg

Dita in green Rachel Pally dress w leopard pieces (purse, shoes, glasses)

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
cherry lips said:
Oh you ladies are making me drool! swingkitten85, where did you buy that delicious coat?

My husband actually picked it out and bought it for me! ;) He got it at JC Penny (of all places!) a few months ago; around the end of October. The website is still listing them, on sale too: Leopard Coat.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
swingkitten85 said:
My husband actually picked it out and bought it for me! ;) He got it at JC Penny (of all places!) a few months ago; around the end of October. The website is still listing them, on sale too:
OMG, that hurts! All they have left is XS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael