Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look of G-Men

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
I've been drawing my comic and sketches dealign with it for quite some time now. Its main characters are G-Men but I'm not sure they nessicarily look the part.

TheG-Men.jpg

Wimseysketch1.jpg

G-Manrevsionjustaweeiddle.jpg

Does anyone know how G-Men would haved looked like late in the prohabition era? Or am I alright with what I have?

Barry

Practically Family
Immediately following prohibition....

April 1933. You might not be a drinker - but dang, this is one hell of a picture!

baropen33.jpg

I found some agents in boaters, I'll post them tomorrow!

Barry

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I think they all look pretty spot on. The hands in the pockets, coat collar up, the attitude is definitely there. I think maybe you should try to style the hats to better fit the characters' faces though.

ArrowCollarMan said:
I've been drawing my comic and sketches dealign with it for quite some time now. Its main characters are G-Men but I'm not sure they nessicarily look the part.

TheG-Men.jpg

It doesn't really look like the gentleman in the middle can actually see in front of him with that big hat brim. But I must say, you have a definite talent for drawing faces, that's usually the thing people have trouble with. Now, the lady on the right doesn't look very much like a G-"Man" at all. ;) Just kidding, great stuff you've got there. I'd love to see some finished panels.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Uniformed police units of any use?

Schwarzkopf outfitted the new troopers in what was standard from 1921-1924. That original uniform consisted of a Stetson hat, brown boots, olive britches, gray shirt, Jersey blue tie, navy wool blouse and Sam Browne belt and holster. The belt forced the wearer to “brace” like a West Pointer, which was exactly why it was chosen by Schwarzkopf.
http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/20s.html

NJNewJerseyStatePolice1925-vi.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
The guy dead center, with the grin and the upraised mug, is a ringer for the actor Christopher Lloyd.

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
You know, I didn't tihnk that Wimsey's (the woman) suit was very accurate either...then I ran across this.

Wimseyoutfitref.jpg

From what I can tell its from the 1930's. This leads me to believe that there are more suits like it...but where do I find the references. Wimsey's suit is sort of off but I'd like to see by how come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou