Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

THE MALLORY MILE

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree Lefty I appreciate your efforts with the add posts. Seems Mallory showes a lot of hats being worn over or at the top of the ear

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lefty - you're killing me with those pics, man! Thank you so much!

Gene - Yes, now that I've come back to senses(...), I believe it was Jimmy who picked up a Dallas some time ago. Nice one, though. I too like the color.

buler

I'll Lock Up
My Dallas

Here is my Dallas. I have a bunch of Mallory's to add if I ever get the time.

B

3499284292_77c219464b_o.jpg

3499284502_87cd3b2f9d_o.jpg

3499284680_f4a9111b0f_o.jpg

3499284872_8f6fa33c43_o.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
I think there are not too many 'Dallas' around here, right? I believe that Gene has one as well (hint, hint!).

I know somebody else with one, and he's not letting Gene anywhere near it! :eek: :D :D

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Buler -- very nice Dallas! I've never seen one in that color, and the complementary ribbon work is fantastic. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Which images are more color accurate? The first three or the last (outdoor)?

The first three photos present a very fair depiction of the color of this lid. The outdoor shot is also accurate -- that's how the hat looks in early morning sunlight. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

buler

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
The first three photos present a very fair depiction of the color of this lid. The outdoor shot is also accurate -- that's how the hat looks in early morning sunlight. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy, that hat is certainly drool worthy. Is the "tie" around the bow a lighter shade of grosgrain or is that just the light playing a trick?
Also, is the overwelt sewn or felted?
B

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Jimmy, that hat is certainly drool worthy. Is the "tie" around the bow a lighter shade of grosgrain or is that just the light playing a trick?
Also, is the overwelt sewn or felted?
B

Interesting that you say that about the "overwelt", Buler.

I have always found the edge treatment on this lid to be very cool -- it is actually an underwelt, but the visual effect is that the brim has a narrow Cavanagh edge. Up close, you can see the stitching on top, but, from a couple of feet away, the stitching virtually disappears, and forms the outline of the raised edge (and, yes -- it is slightly raised). I think it's a sharp look. I'll try to post a couple of close-up photos for reference.

As far as the ribbon goes, it is all the same color -- the light just seems to be catching it differently in the photos.

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albert Mannocchi