Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lefty - you're killing me with those pics, man! Thank you so much!

Gene - Yes, now that I've come back to senses(...), I believe it was Jimmy who picked up a Dallas some time ago. Nice one, though. I too like the color.

buler

I'll Lock Up
My Dallas

Here is my Dallas. I have a bunch of Mallory's to add if I ever get the time.

B

3499284292_77c219464b_o.jpg

3499284502_87cd3b2f9d_o.jpg

3499284680_f4a9111b0f_o.jpg

3499284872_8f6fa33c43_o.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
I think there are not too many 'Dallas' around here, right? I believe that Gene has one as well (hint, hint!).

I know somebody else with one, and he's not letting Gene anywhere near it! :eek: :D :D

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Buler -- very nice Dallas! I've never seen one in that color, and the complementary ribbon work is fantastic. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Which images are more color accurate? The first three or the last (outdoor)?

The first three photos present a very fair depiction of the color of this lid. The outdoor shot is also accurate -- that's how the hat looks in early morning sunlight. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

buler

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
The first three photos present a very fair depiction of the color of this lid. The outdoor shot is also accurate -- that's how the hat looks in early morning sunlight. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy, that hat is certainly drool worthy. Is the "tie" around the bow a lighter shade of grosgrain or is that just the light playing a trick?
Also, is the overwelt sewn or felted?
B

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Jimmy, that hat is certainly drool worthy. Is the "tie" around the bow a lighter shade of grosgrain or is that just the light playing a trick?
Also, is the overwelt sewn or felted?
B

Interesting that you say that about the "overwelt", Buler.

I have always found the edge treatment on this lid to be very cool -- it is actually an underwelt, but the visual effect is that the brim has a narrow Cavanagh edge. Up close, you can see the stitching on top, but, from a couple of feet away, the stitching virtually disappears, and forms the outline of the raised edge (and, yes -- it is slightly raised). I think it's a sharp look. I'll try to post a couple of close-up photos for reference.

As far as the ribbon goes, it is all the same color -- the light just seems to be catching it differently in the photos.

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko