Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

buler

I'll Lock Up
jonbuilder said:
buler said:
Here is a Mallory Ten in beige. Premier Quality.

Hi Buler
Do you think Mallory 10 the “10” indicates a model or a quality price point in which case the premier quality might be more of a marketing label than a quality standard

Hi Jon. I've seen "The Ten" on the sweatband of several styles of Mallory's. Both fedora and homburg. So I think of it as a price point more than a model. As far as the quality designations they used, I'm still trying to compile a list of those by date to sort them out. They probably had some relevance to the quality of the hat but were just as much a marketing tool.

B

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
An interesting Mallory which sold over the summer.

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
another Century liner shot

Here is one I saved. Just have the liner shot. Not sure if its from the same auction. I wonder if the "Century" was made in 1923 (1823 + 100 years)?

B

mallory_century_liner.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Buler-your picture is from the same hat. And it would not surprise me at all if it's from 1923. The leather, markings, style and overall feel seem to point at that date.

Here's another.

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nokabout

DSCN9498.jpg

Three rows of stitching on the 2" brim.
DSCN9508.jpg

Perforated on both sides with 2 larger holes and smaller ones in semi crescent shape above. It is also perforated at the crown which is 5".
DSCN9511.jpg

DSCN9512.jpg

The 1.75" sweat is unreeded and behind it are the reorder tag and the union tag.
DSCN9514.jpg

DSCN9513.jpg

DSCN9515.jpg

it is unfortunate that the sweat stitching is coming loose in several places. The hat definitely needs cleaning.

buler

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
DSCN9498.jpg

Perforated on both sides with 2 larger holes and smaller ones in semi crescent shape above. It is also perforated at the crown which is 5".
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/dsr-hat/DSCN9511.jpg
The hat definitely needs cleaning.[/QUOTE]

Douglas, did that one come from Wisconsin? I think that was one I looked at before the auctions ended. It had that interesting hole/stitching pattern on the side. Seller had several hats that all needed cleaning.

B

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:
Douglas, did that one come from Wisconsin? I think that was one I looked at before the auctions ended. It had that interesting hole/stitching pattern on the side. Seller had several hats that all needed cleaning.

B

yes I believe it is. There is stitching on the sides that go up to the perforations from the brim.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
My latest acquisition, an early 1940's (pre-Stetson) Mallory Ten Cravenette. I've already posted this in other threads, but since I started this thread and the hat is definitely a Mallory, I'll stick in here as well.

I believe this hat has never been worn before. It's in perfectly mint condition and came with the original Mallory box.

Colors
-------

Body: Deep charcoal gray
Ribbon: Dark maroon/magenta
Binding: Medium gray

Dimensions
-----------

Crown: 4 3/4" (creased)
Brim: 2 3/4"
Ribbon 1 5/8"
Binding 1/2"

Mallory-Ten-Cravenette.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Here's my entry, my recently eBay acquired and only Mallory. I can't say enough about the color. It varies from light grey to powder blue depending on the light.

It arrived with this wonderfully done tear drop.
Front is about a 'Mallory Mile' under 4 1/4.
Rear is about 3 7/8.
Brim is 2 3/8.

I need to work on my inside band close-ups. The dealer is OSCARS, THE STORE FOR MEN, Shelby, Ohio.

hpim1866.jpg

hpim1870.jpg

hpim1867.jpg

hpim1868.jpg

hpim1879.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran