Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Married and Hideously Ugly Room

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
luvthatlulu said:
It's the message...not the medium that counts.

luvthatlulu -> Me (the one with the non-ISP email address; aka Not the Lulu)
Lulu -> Lulu (the one without access to a non-ISP email address; aka Mrs. Me)
Press ;)

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
ShortClara said:
laughing, eating Tasti-D, or liquored up? or D, all of the above? :D

I was speaking of the entire thread, but I'll take the A & C option. I don't know what you're eating, but it looks suspiciously like ice cream and that stuff doesn't belong near me.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Jack Scorpion said:
it looks suspiciously like ice cream and that stuff doesn't belong near me.
It's actually a tasty low cal/fat treat, that was once the subject of a Seinfeld episode.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
luvthatlulu said:
It's the message...not the medium that counts.

But Marshall McLuhan said the medium WAS the message ... and he wrote the book that became the textbook for the wonderful major of Communications (or, at my university, Mass Communications) across the nation ...

(NB I did my undergrad in history, not Mass Comm -- just to set the record straight)

Probably off topic...cause all my Hoosier friends say that all these years of marriage have been very good to me......

425636_large1.jpg

Micawber

A-List Customer
Marriage has taught me to appreciate a comfy chair and slippers far more than I did when I was footloose and fancy free. I have also mastered the art of grinning like a Cheshire cat and nodding sagely thus giving the impression that I am listening intently and agreeing with everything that is being said whilst in actuality I am off in my own little dreamland somewhere.

DSCF4597a.jpg

Being married to someone for 18 years who actually prefers me with facial hair has helped too lol

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Doran, my vote for best subject line title here at FL lol

Like the moustache Micawber, very sharp! And I like the chair, my fiancée and I are hunting for some old leather buttoned chairs and a sofa. That looks just the thing!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Smithy, thanks, BK, love the shirt (although I said that before), Amy Jeanne if you're ugly my name is Dick (it's not even Richard), and Micawber, GREAT PHOTO, absolutely brilliant pic, you have a wonderful smile. And YES I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. My old friend Chris Dosher (I'm trying to get him on the Lounge as he is a great appreciator of things 1930s, but he doesn't feel "vintage" enough), a confirmed bachelor who sits in easy chairs, reads Donna Tartt, and plays Chopin all afternoon while sipping cognac taught me one of the lessons in life that has stood me well:

when in doubt, nod and smile.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
HoosierDaddy said:
Probably off topic...cause all my Hoosier friends say that all these years of marriage have been very good to me......

425636_large1.jpg

:eek: Who's a pretty boy then? Hmmmmm???? lol lol lol

LOOOOL HoosierDaddy!!!!!!! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran