Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Money Clip

Imahomer

Practically Family
I have a very nice one that is 14K with a ten dollar U.S. Gold coin affixed to it. The problem I have/had is I never used it unless I was really dressed to the nines. After reading some other posts I'm going to use it more with my drivers license and a credit card tucked between the bills. I'm kicking myself for not having thought of that myself. However I'm very greatful to you who have given me that suggestion.

vintage68

Practically Family
I stopped using my ATM card for purchases, simply because it was too easy to overspend.

Now I carry cash money exclusively.

If you wanna be REALLY old school, go to the grocery store and get one of those heavy rubber bands that come with lettuce or other produce, and use that for keeping your cash together. Guys in La Cosra Nostra favor this method. Amazing what you can pick up on A&E.... lol

univibe88

One Too Many
A big binder clip is an effective money clip also. I once saw a silver binder clip, combining the utilitarian nature of the clip with a little flash.

bombayjack

New in Town
Most days I use a leather money clip/card wallet from Coach, but some days I use this:

3157575825_2d2c6df4e7.jpg

Supposedly it was a gift from the Clinton Administration.

Randy

Familiar Face
I too use a simple gold money clip, similar to those pictured above (not the presidential clip, the ones show farther back). Having a couple hundred in twenties is not a problem that I have run into before, so I can't comment on that, but getting cash out of a clip is simpler for me than fishing out a wallet, and it keep my wallet nice and slim. I've had my wallet snatched before, in a couple different countries, but no one ever tried to reach into my front pocket, to steal.

- Randy

vintage68

Practically Family
bombayjack said:
Most days I use a leather money clip/card wallet from Coach, but some days I use this:

3157575825_2d2c6df4e7.jpg

Supposedly it was a gift from the Clinton Administration.

Alright Bombayjack, spill the beans. No one can buy a product using the presidential seal (highly illegal) , so how did you come to have this particular money clip gift?

Enquiring minds want to know....

vintage68

Practically Family
Well, all I know is that the presidential seal is not supposed to be available for sale-–– on anything, legally. But I'm no lawyer. Maybe I'm behind the times though, because you're right there are a lot of places on the 'net to buy one.

Hrmph. Is nothing sacred?

bombayjack

New in Town
vintage68 said:
Alright Bombayjack, spill the beans. No one can buy a product using the presidential seal (highly illegal) , so how did you come to have this particular money clip gift?

Enquiring minds want to know....

Is it illegal? I honestly didn't know that.

Anyway, I acquired that money clip from someone who collects all kinds of neat Presidential memorabilia.

The guy who wrote my defensive doctrine advocates carrying a twenty and a wad of ones in a "cheapo" WalMart/Target clip, and the wallet in a separate location--that way, you have a "throwdown wad" that if someone's looking ugly, you throw it to one side of 'em and shout "Take the money! I don't want any trouble, don't come any closer!"

vintage68

Practically Family
bombayjack said:
Is it illegal? I honestly didn't know that.

I thought it was, but searching the internet I saw several places with those money clips for sale, so maybe not.

I had believed the only way to get one was from a visit to the White House. It's actually too bad the seal would be for sale.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You can buy stuff with the Presidential Seal and congressional pins and all of it at any street vendor in DC, all over Union Station, on the net, eBay, etc. If it's against the law, it must be one of the single most violated laws in the USA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy