Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most expensive hat I'll ever own

TSWebster

New in Town
I decided to drive up to Katoomba for a day trip and check out The Hattery while I was there (the shop front for hatsdirect) And about 5min after entering the town had another car run into me and write off my vehicle. But we are both insured and are now sorting it out, no point moping over it. And having all that way I was going to get myself a hat so I went over to the shop and picked up a Federation size 61 in Moonstone, a beatiful hat to be sure, I just wish it hadn't cost me a car to get it.

dnjan

One Too Many
Sorry to hear about the wreck, but at least you had a hat to keep the sun out of your eyes as you walked home ...

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
a really moving story, just a suggestion you could name your hat after the car ( if it was a worthy car that is).
i had a hat with a name once but that's another story.

TSWebster

New in Town
I'm really not a photo kind of guy, I tend to borrow cameras as needed I'll see what I can do.

And the car whilst not a classic piece of vintage was my much loved and much missed 1993 Daihatsu Applause that was so fuel efficient I began to think that the fuel tank was some kind of bottomless fount. It shall be remembered as I shall be calling my hat the Applause.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Hope you visited the "Paragon cafe" to revive your shattered nerves?

2tparagonentryfull.jpg

4214263-STOP_AND_SEE_THE_PARAGON_MILK_BAR-Katoomba.jpg

user674_1177328481.JPG

TSWebster

New in Town
Unfortunately not, I went to the Hatters Cafe which is attached to the Hattery, you can buy your hat, walk through the archway and have lunch. However I do from time to time enjoy the Niagra Cafe in Gundagai which is still very much as it was when first built in the 1930's heres a shamelessly stolen picture from another website:

cafe.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats