Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most ridiculous Himel yet? Freenote Collab Beck.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So Himel is doing a special run of Beck 333s with some hair-on-hide at the D-pocket as a collab with Freenote Cloth.

The jacket itself is rather unremarkable. (Schott's own reproductions, under their own label and with RRL, look much more attractive.)
untitled-235_edb2045c-32bb-4b25-8ff9-b2c4050863cd.jpg

The sizing is where we end up in classic Himel territory. Absurdly undersized in the torso and sleeves, yet long in the body.

SizeChart_Himel-Beck-333.jpg

Who on earth is the market for this jacket? The 'medium' seems designed for a 6-footer with stubby arms and a 36 chest. The closest to normal measurements is the "X-Large", but then it has bizarrely short sleeves. Are they going to blame this on Jasmine too?

I can scarcely imagine the person whose measurements are suited by this jacket–where is the critical mass that's buying it RTW for three thousand dollars coming from? (And they are! It's selling out.)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
So Himel is doing a special run of Beck 333s with some hair-on-hide at the D-pocket as a collab with Freenote Cloth.

The jacket itself is rather unremarkable. (Schott's own reproductions, under their own label and with RRL, look much more attractive.)
untitled-235_edb2045c-32bb-4b25-8ff9-b2c4050863cd.jpg

The sizing is where we end up in classic Himel territory. Absurdly undersized in the torso and sleeves, yet long in the body.

SizeChart_Himel-Beck-333.jpg

Who on earth is the market for this jacket? The 'medium' seems designed for a 6-footer with stubby arms and a 36 chest. The closest to normal measurements is the "X-Large", but then it has bizarrely short sleeves. Are they going to blame this on Jasmine too?

I can scarcely imagine the person whose measurements are suited by this jacket–where is the critical mass that's buying it RTW for three thousand dollars coming from? (And they are! It's selling out.)

25.5" body length with 23.5" sleeves?
This makes no sens...

The sleeves would reach my elbows if i tried to wear that!

Edit: is it me or is the ticket pocket flap completely not symetrical?

DXoPr52.jpg

I'm counting 4 more stitches on the left side of the snap than on the right side of the snap, so that flap is definitely crooked.
How could no one notice that? Himel QC strikes again... I wonder how the Master will justifie this one?

Last edited:

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
This makes no sens...

DXoPr52.jpg

I'm counting 4 more stitches on the left side of the snap than on the right side of the snap, so that flap is definitely crooked.
How could no one notice that? Himel QC strikes again... I wonder how the Master will justifie this one?
Yep - that pocket is all over the shop - maybe its going to be flogged under the USP of “authentic artisanship”. You can tell its hand-made, because no machine could screw it up in the same way….or something like that….

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
This makes no sens...

DXoPr52.jpg

The pocket snap is intentionally askew to counterpoint the surrealism of the off center zipper.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I think he should do something with the boys from IH (famous for their 29” sleeves) and we might just end up with a usable sleeve length somewhere in the middle.
It does make me wonder how jacket makers decide on sleeve length.

It’s the one dimension I consistently come up short. Maybe I need to try an IH lol

Brandrea33

One Too Many
In this case, it will be financial interests. Because if no one fits these sleeves, everyone will have to pay a surcharge for the alterations. At least that's my guess. I can't explain it any other way.
Out of curiosity, how does a jacket jacket alter a sleeve to be longer?

Is it a whole new sleeve (from shoulder to end of cuff)?

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Seriously, check them out. Almost all of their type 3 and leather jackets (and type 3 leather jackets) have very generous sleeve and body length.
I will / am … you’re right their sleeves look to be quite long. I may have to have them shortened lol.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Out of curiosity, how does a jacket jacket alter a sleeve to be longer?

Is it a whole new sleeve (from shoulder to end of cuff)?
I assume that the jackets are only made to order anyway. And then I can order an extension. At least I think I read this in a thread about Himel.

jeo

One Too Many
The pocket snap is intentionally askew to counterpoint the surrealism of the off center zipper.
I think they were just cheaply made jackets in their day that had massive inconsistencies. If you look up most originals have some sort of flaw on that pocket that stands out. It's rare to see one that is perfectly centered. Also all the Toys Mccoys repros have that "flaw". I guarantee that the examples in Himel's collection had these flaws and tried to replicate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ